No announcement yet.

AMD's Spider Platform On Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i could not hold me back anymore so i have ordered a system consisting of 790fx 9600 Black Edition and a His 3850

Comment

We'll be publishing the start of our Spider tests next week.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That spider stuff reminds me of the Diablo II item sets where you can unleash some extra power by collecting the whole set...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          We'll be publishing the start of our Spider tests next week.
          Looking forward to it! Haven't seen any Linux benchmarks yet (actually can't seem to find any non-Windows benches).

I hope you have a good board/BIOS. Nearly all of the reviews I've seen of the Phenom are using either pre-production boards or a bugged BIOS. For example, the Asus M3A32-MVP seems to have no issues with Phenom's memory configuration, whereas the MSI K9A2 CF does (it did at the time of the 9600 reviews).

BTW, I think it's bloody absurd to compare a $240 Phenom to a $950 Core 2 Extreme. Rumor has it the Phenom 9900 will be ~350 USD - anyone can confirm?

It is very telling that business/desktop and mixed-app benchmarks are in favor of the Phenom, whereas gaming benchmarks or anything taking advantage of the HUGE cache Intel puts on all their CPU these days are in their court. I am hearing very, very positive reviews from the scientific community on Phenom, and to be certain I mean science and research...

I've seen it mentioned that the Phenoms don't appear to slow down when all four cores are under %100 load. As in run anything SMP such as BOINC or similar, then proceed to go about your normal business-type apps. Supposedly there's no perceivable slow-down whereas the Intel's show apparent. I don't have any personal experience on this, but it would be interesting to find out from a reliable source

[Edit - lol i didn't phrase that right..]
          Last edited by edged; 30 December 2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X