No announcement yet.

Overclocking The AMD AM1 Athlon & Sempron APUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I do not own an AM1 setup, but a guy on OCN managed to OC his, and I'm sure the images earlier in this thread is from the very same guy.

You can read about it here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1483429/amd-kabini-owners

Comment

How to overclock over 105 MHz on AM1 platform.

Why did all CPUs get at a maximum of 105 MHz? Coincidence? No!

There is a solution!

The 105 Mhz limit is caused by the sata controllers on the motherboard. In fact, it is the AHCI mod that limits the the speed. This has also been an issue on AMD FM2/FM2+ boards.

The only thing you need to do is to change the SATA mod from AHCI to IDE.

I got the exact same issue, as my Athlon 5350's fbs was capping at 105. I tried to change my hard drive, reinstall windows, but nothing worked.

Then, I changed my SATA mod to IDE, and also had to reinstall windows because IDE drivers were not installed and I could not boot.

Now, here is my specs:

Core speed: 2667.30 Mhz \\\ FSB speed : 127.00 Mhz \\\ Core voltage: 1.464v \\\ Core multiplier: x21.0 \\\ Max temps on prime95: 65?C

I hope you guys find this useful.

Comment

Overclocking The AMD AM1 Athlon Sempron APUs

the link does not work, also is there any way to pin mod it or something?

Comment

No pin mod

Originally posted by anderson View Post
          the link does not work, also is there any way to pin mod it or something?
          I am very far away from being an engineer, but I'm pretty sure there is no way to pin mod an AM1 APU because it happens to be a SOC.
          Therefore, the northbridge is located on the APU itself as is the PLL. The PLL, or phase locked loop, is the chip responsible for producing the FSB frequency (often 100.00MHz) that drives all components of the motherboard.

So, because the cpu doesn't need to use the socket to communicate to the PLL, I'd say it is impossible to change the FSB using pin mod.

Comment

Originally posted by cpvalence View Post
            Why did all CPUs get at a maximum of 105 MHz? Coincidence? No!

There is a solution!

The 105 Mhz limit is caused by the sata controllers on the motherboard. In fact, it is the AHCI mod that limits the the speed. This has also been an issue on AMD FM2/FM2+ boards.

The only thing you need to do is to change the SATA mod from AHCI to IDE.

I got the exact same issue, as my Athlon 5350's fbs was capping at 105. I tried to change my hard drive, reinstall windows, but nothing worked.

Then, I changed my SATA mod to IDE, and also had to reinstall windows because IDE drivers were not installed and I could not boot.

Now, here is my specs:

Core speed: 2667.30 Mhz \\\ FSB speed : 127.00 Mhz \\\ Core voltage: 1.464v \\\ Core multiplier: x21.0 \\\ Max temps on prime95: 65?C

I hope you guys find this useful.
            That does work for Windows, but not work for Linux Of course you can overclock it for Linux but if you not using SATA drives, USB2 or USB3 drives should work.
            Last edited by dungeon; 13 February 2015, 03:20 AM.

Comment

But yeah, it is also fine if you want to have situation like "oh my... this Linux shit does not even work!!! "

Comment

Working...
              X