X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Wait until the A8-7600 comes out. Thats the 'mainstream' Kaveri chip. The 7850k is the unlocked flagship, so its even more of an apples-to-oranges situation.
    The latest date I've heard for that chip is near the end of the year, for consumers, though OEMS will be getting it sometime this quarter.
    That's a huge disappointment since that chip, running at 45w makes for a fantastic little htpc/gaming machine.

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by Spittie View Post
    Just to point out a little thing, Jaguar has dedicated FPU for every core, while Steamroller/Piledriver have only a shared FPU for every two cores.
    This is not to say that AMD didn't do a great job on Kabini (they did!), but don't expect results so good on integers-heavy tests too.
    I know , i know...makes us wonder however, why AMD continues to use only one FPU per two CPU cores in their main products....it?s kinda like KTM continues to push for their linkless rear suspension in their Enduro motocycles

Leave a comment:

• Spittie
    replied
    Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    I'm not sure but i believe that for same number of cores and same frquency, Jaguar might indeed beat the c++p out of Kaveri,etc:
    Just to point out a little thing, Jaguar has dedicated FPU for every core, while Steamroller/Piledriver have only a shared FPU for every two cores.
    This is not to say that AMD didn't do a great job on Kabini (they did!), but don't expect results so good on integers-heavy tests too.

Leave a comment:

• halfmanhalfamazing
    replied
    I'm not sure but i believe that for same number of cores and same frquency, Jaguar might indeed beat the c++p out of Kaveri,etc:

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
    Is Kaveri "slower" than Kabini? I don't ask to be provocative, I honestly don't know.

Is there a 'mainstream' Kabini?

This is why I want to see benchmarks of the two together.(just these two)

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Taking the risk of sound like a newbie...what is noHZ ?!?
    Default, disabled, nohyperz... everything but not enabled HyperZ .

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Taking the risk of sound like a newbie...what is noHZ ?!?

Leave a comment:

• halfmanhalfamazing
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Wait until the A8-7600 comes out. Thats the 'mainstream' Kaveri chip. The 7850k is the unlocked flagship, so its even more of an apples-to-oranges situation.
    Is Kaveri "slower" than Kabini? I don't ask to be provocative, I honestly don't know.

Is there a 'mainstream' Kabini?

This is why I want to see benchmarks of the two together.(just these two)

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Little benchmark from me with AM1M-A and Athlon 5350 . Debian Sid stock 32bit (3.13 kernel and mesa 10.1), the same glamor form ubuntu compiled & ddx recompiled against it (because Debian does not support that library ) and that is it . Make sure you have ColorTiling and ColorTiling2D in xorg.conf enabled and radeon.dpm=1 boot option but on cold boot (otherwise dpm enabling/disabling tends to have abnormal results each time, so make sure dmp is enabled on cold boot), but we will soon be on 3.14 so forget it .

Code:
     1920x1080
                      noHZ   HZ

Openarena 0.8.8   35.7   56.7
    Openarena 0.8.5   59.5   84.7
    UrbanTeror 4.1    68.8  113.2 

1024x768  
                      noHZ   HZ

Openarena 0.8.8   60.5   61.6
    Openarena 0.8.5   93.1   94.7
    UrbanTeror 4.1   148.9  150.7
    HyperZ have great results in FullHD vastly make a difference, but on low 1024x768 nothing out of it .

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
    I can't help but be curious (even though the chips appear to be in different classes) how Kaveri and Kabini stack up against each other.

I have not seen benchmarks out there at all anywhere on this. Maybe I just missed them. If not, might make a good Phoronix article.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X