AMD Athlon 5350 APU On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
    I don't know of many cases, multipurpose or otherwise, where you would need more than 4GB RAM. I'd like to know what kind of software you are using to consume so much RAM.
    kind of stupid question, what is the only software a normal user needs much ram, the browser.

u could shurly shut down 200 power plants worldwide if this garbage software would be replaced by pure data communication protocols.

This inconsistent, most of the time bad scaling, extreme resource-eating, with horrible interfaces controlled, "pure utter shit" browsers html interfaces that only reason of existence is for companies to play their ads, and lets look each site different "branding", and enforcing to everybody their bad designs, and everybody have to mess around how his site looks instead the user defines once a theme and have a consistent experience.

Sorry that had to be relesead. Sadly u cant even write on such a standard forum without a browser.

except maybe tapatalk, but sadly no free software is able to do that.
    Last edited by blackiwid; 30 July 2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
      I don't know of many cases, multipurpose or otherwise, where you would need more than 4GB RAM. I'd like to know what kind of software you are using to consume so much RAM.
      It isn't that any one "average" program consumes the ram directly. It's really a matter of what Linux can do with ram that is freely available to improve the overall experience. It is also known that quite a few motherboards determine the ram allocated to the "shared" video memory based on overall system ram.

In this case 6.5G is "cached", which would be programs that have been previously loaded are primed and ready to go when you need them next.

Tasks: 178 total, 1 running, 177 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
      %Cpu(s): 0.7 us, 0.2 sy, 0.0 ni, 99.0 id, 0.0 wa, 0.1 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st
      KiB Mem: 7527184 total, 7390840 used, 136344 free, 480 buffers
      KiB Swap: 1613248 total, 0 used, 1613248 free. 6538596 cached Mem

Comment

Working...
      X