NVIDIA Just Announced A New ARM Board I Really Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    I'm not sure but it will be *at least* as good and possibly *better* than a A4-7300....in fact, compared with a A6-5400K, with turbo off and iGPU OC to 800MHz, it's a pretty decent option.

The CPU itself in those circunstances is same in WEI (i use WEI because the test bellow in this post).
    Sure, graphics is worse but still pretty good.
    Notice that a A6-5400K with iGPU OC at 800MHz, 192 shaders, 8GB RAM at 2133MHz (instead of 1600MHz in the test bellow) gets a graphics WEI of 6.7 (with old driver that came in CD with my MoBo) to only 6.3 with most recent AMD blob....6.3 in comparison to 6.1 is not bad at all taking in account circunstances.

Single Channel is not that bad....i saw comparisons of games playing in SC vs DC and many games the difference is 5% or at most 10%....you ould be surprised with amount of AAA games that actually are NOT optimized to work in dual channel.

To have an idea how would be a A6-5350 , chec kout this review of a A6-5200....

...and another test....

Noticed also they also tested it paired with a GTX680 and conclusion was...no real difference to a A10-6800K paired with a GTX680 ! (both using 1600MHz RAM)...and then notice the diference in power drain of both sytems with the APUs paired with a GTX680

I might be wrong , but AFAIK, the A6-5350 is a A6-5200 using a AM1 socket instead of be soldered to MoBo and with more 50MHz of CPU clock....
    We're talking the Kabini based Athlon 5350, not the A6-5350. Kabini replaces the Bobcat series of bottom end chips meant to compete with the Intel Atom.

The problem is that the single channel memory controller will hold back the iGPU in these systems, that and Kaveri would also have higher single thread performance, so usage case come into play. We also don't know how the A4-7300 will be clocked since those details have yet to be released.

If you go with the Athlon 5350 it's unlikely you'll have much of an upgrade path, with the A4-7300 being FM2+ you can go all the way to the A10-7850K if you need it down the line. In either case you can still make an ITX system.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
      Yeah that will be better for servers, any word of pricing and has it any kind of gpu(devboard does not seem to have video outputs, it has pcie ports though)?
      No clue on the pricing, no clue on if it will have video out, I suspect it will have an iGPU, if only for use as an OpenCL/HSA co-processor since AMD has been pushing that and many ARM SoC makers have signed on to their HSA initiative.

The addition of PCIe is the most intriguing thing thus far though, finally an ARM system I actually want. All the rest are too feature and expansion light to be of a whole lot of use outside of homebrew micro controller projects and very low end HTPC front end systems due to the lack of processing power, proper Linux drivers or ability to add on a current DSP for newer video codecs.

Comment

Working...
      X