Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clang Is Now Self-Hosting On Linux/FreeBSD SPARC64

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clang Is Now Self-Hosting On Linux/FreeBSD SPARC64

    Phoronix: Clang Is Now Self-Hosting On Linux/FreeBSD SPARC64

    For those users with SPARC64 hardware, LLVM's Clang compiler has received support for this old architecture...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU5MDE

  • #2
    Old architecture? SPARC64 still powers some of the biggest machines and new CPUs come out every year. The K Supercomputer is powered by SPARC, as are Oracle Servers.

    Comment


    • #3
      SPARC64... old

      Comment


      • #4
        Old?

        What do you mean old? This architecture is much newer than x86 and is in continous development.

        Comment


        • #5
          Clang is now self-hosting, hoping here it doesn't become self-aware.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mark45 View Post
            Clang is now self-hosting, hoping here it doesn't become self-aware.
            Skynet (c), powered by Clang

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sturmflut View Post
              Old architecture? SPARC64 still powers some of the biggest machines and new CPUs come out every year. The K Supercomputer is powered by SPARC, as are Oracle Servers.
              If only one could afford this [http://www.oracle.com/us/products/se...es/index.html]

              or one of these babies: [http://www.seamicro.com/SM15000]

              One can dream without running into the likes of a CRAY.

              Yes, the SPARC64 is improved immensely after Oracle bought Sun Microsystems.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                Clang is now self-hosting, hoping here it doesn't become self-aware.
                It won't be with anything provided by Google and it's AI efforts.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                  If only one could afford this [http://www.oracle.com/us/products/se...es/index.html]

                  or one of these babies: [http://www.seamicro.com/SM15000]

                  One can dream without running into the likes of a CRAY.

                  Yes, the SPARC64 is improved immensely after Oracle bought Sun Microsystems.
                  .... Well when they get 32bit support and Solaris it would be able to run on a Cray CS6400... 64 way SMP @ 95Mhz and 16Gb of Ram. Of course not all of them were maxed out. In the meantime it'll just have to be happy on my SS20 @ 2x85Mhz. I'm glad to have a faster compiler that will someday work on my T2000 also.

                  A CS6400 would be far to large to own personally... but I sure would like to have an SC2000E 20 way SMP I suppose that'll only ever happen if I end up emulating one in FPGA.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X