Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 12.04 vs. 14.04 LTS Core i7 CPU Benchmarks

Phoronix: Ubuntu 12.04 vs. 14.04 LTS Core i7 CPU Benchmarks

After yesterday sharing a few early OpenGL benchmarks between Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS and 14.04 LTS in its current development form, here are a number of processor and system benchmarks between the two Long-Term Support Ubuntu Linux releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ow great. Let me guess:

Throwing in an fx-8350 will lead to conclude that the results are (at least partially, I hope) attributable to general compiler optimizations.

Comment

14.04 looks like it will be a great release. However, it is not released yet! not even in beta. Why don't you wait until the final version and then benchmark the hell out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
        14.04 looks like it will be a great release. However, it is not released yet! not even in beta. Why don't you wait until the final version and then benchmark the hell out of it?
        For those curious? Those deciding whether to wait on a new LTS install until now or April? Because I have room in the publishing queue and systems right now? There will be more benchmarks now and later.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
          14.04 looks like it will be a great release.
          Indeed. I upgraded from 13.10 yesterday and so far so good. I play Eve Online from time to time, and FPS have gone up from about 50 to 75 (r600 driver). Amazing to say the least.

Comment

Working...
          X