Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fteoOpty64
    replied
    Great article and tests done. This certainly has been of interest for people who has been eyeing Kaveri for some time. It appears there is little benefit in performance for 2400Mhz compared to 2133Mhz. This proves that AMD's memory controller is not as optimized as it should be and needed some more work. Or maybe, the timing of the 2400Mhz ram needs a lot more tweaking in the UEFI to ensure optimal performance for this particular chipset (A88X). I would stick to 2133Mhz RAM and maybe overclock that a little raising FSB gradually.

Leave a comment:

• benmoran
    replied
    Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
    Too bad higher freq. Ram is so expensive. If kaveri could go quad-channel, i'd buy one. Its performance is quite good with the right memory bandwidth
    In a lot of countries, the price is really reasonable. As in, 10-25% more.

Leave a comment:

• n3wu53r
    replied
    APUs are probably going to improve quite a bit for gaming when DDR4 rolls around.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    I'm quite contented with my Gigabyte 990FX -UD3 version 3.0 board, FX-8350, G.Skill 1866 running at 1866 using the included XMP profile options configurd in the version 3.x and newer boards.

Lots of folks frustrated the F3-1866C9D-16SR GSkill RAM wasn't getting beyond 1600 by fiddling with bios timings, when Gigabyte includes them in later motherboards. Glad I waited.

Leave a comment:

• andrebrait
    replied
    Too bad higher freq. Ram is so expensive. If kaveri could go quad-channel, i'd buy one. Its performance is quite good with the right memory bandwidth

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied
    Similar increases in performance are also seen in Windows and in all the other APUs. (for any of you APU gamers out there.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X