No announcement yet.

DDR3-2400MHz On AMD's A10 Kaveri With Kingston's HyperX Beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Larabel, now do what every other site would do and OC the ram, both of your best kits at 1.65v or if you are feeling daring the max safe 24/7 voltages(depends on the ICs on the stick, I've seen between 1.7-2.1v while the JEDEC standard is 1.65v)

Originally posted by fteoOpty64 View Post
    That would mean cutting back on a pair of gpu cores which you would not want. Or cutting back ona pair of cpu cores which most people would really scream!. At 2.41B transistors, the die size is fully used for all the components in this system. It is a pity that 28HPM process does not allow the stock speed to be at 4.2Ghz turboed to 4.8Ghz. But if you look at OC Kaveri systems running at 4.6Ghz, the performance numbers were what people really expects from it. I say, anybody can get this performance and even tweak the gpu speeds closer to 1Ghz from the stock 720Mhz. I am sure 900Mhz is pretty much a given for OC capability of the 8 gpu cores. As a K class chip, it is built for OC users, so throw the most from your wanted RAM and Cooler. It is the fun bit.

Some BIOS has two profiles, I tend to use one for OC-Full and one for Unclocking leaving it as a server. It works pretty for each of the purposes.
    DIY a liquid cooling setup and you can easily hit 5Ghz 24/7 stable, OCing the GPU doesn't help much as it's ram bandwidth starved, though there are situations where it will have some difference.
    Last edited by Kivada; 24 January 2014, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UraniumDeer View Post
      I must admit that I'm a little curious about 2600 MHz as well. I don't think that the motherboard used in this test supports more than 2400 MHz. I did a bit of research on motherboards after reading the first test. ASRock makes motherboards that supports 2600 MHz, such as their ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+.
      Those are not the actual limits, you can push much higher then that, that same board pushed a 6800K to 7.9Ghz on LN2, the unofficial ram OCs are also very high. I'd be surprised if it wouldn't take 1.65v DDR3 3100Mhz kits without blinking with standard air cooling. Problem is they are a few grand for the kits binned that high.

Comment

There is some evidence that the Kaveri may support a quad-channel memory.

If it will be supporting it on new socket I will probably buy it for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by pixo View Post
          There is some evidence that the Kaveri may support a quad-channel memory.

If it will be supporting it on new socket I will probably buy it for testing.
          According to that article, the pinout hinders use of quad-channel memory.
          That sucks, considering that Carrizo (according to this) will be using FM2+ as well, and same chipset as Kavari :/
          I doubt it, as it's just a year from now, but I hope that's subject to change.

@Kivada
          Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by UraniumDeer View Post
            According to that article, the pinout hinders use of quad-channel memory.
            That sucks, considering that Carrizo (according to this) will be using FM2+ as well, and same chipset as Kavari :/
            I doubt it, as it's just a year from now, but I hope that's subject to change.

@Kivada
            Thanks for the info
            The slide I'm linking to, turns out to be fake.
            In my search on Carrizo socket, I've only found rumors so far.

Comment

Well, how about sticking those 2400mhz ram on Haswell system and see how much performance can be gained

Comment

Haswell benefits way less then Kaveri, especially with the Kingston RAM modules here in the test.

Kaveri loves Dual Rate RAM (not to be confused with Dual Channel)
                For Haswell, and former AMD APUs, it doesn't really matter if its Dual or Single Rate.

Comment

I would like to see how much scaling memory speed translate to haswell performance. I have seen some tests here in phoronix but they only tested to 1600mhz, and it shows performance scaling.
                  Regarding dual rate ram, most ram now are dual rated (double sided ram).

Comment

KHX24C11T3K2/8X - is authentic DUAL RANK ???

The manufacturer's website does not contain anything.
                    -
                    http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX24C11T3K2_8X.pdf ???

Comment

AMD should put quad channel memory controller. That along DDR4 should be enough for an APU.

Comment

Working...
                      X