Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD A10-7850K vs. Intel/AMD CPU/APU Comparison

Phoronix: AMD A10-7850K vs. Intel/AMD CPU/APU Comparison

Two days ago AMD launched their "Kaveri" APUs to mixed reactions. On launch-day we provided a Linux overview of the AMD A10-7850K APU and followed that with an Ubuntu Linux vs. Windows 8.1 performance comparison for this top-end Kaveri APU. Yesterday was then the AMD Kaveri APU compared to discrete AMD/NVIDIA GPUs and now today we've finally had the time to finish the tests most people have been looking forward to: the A10-7850K comparison against various other AMD and Intel CPU/APUs. These Linux tests cover a range of both processor and graphics testing from Ubuntu 14.04 across a wide selection of Intel and AMD hardware.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

x264 benchmark load

Hi Michael,

did you use the same quality settings and input material for x264 as in the older benchmark in the article Intel Core i7 4770K "Haswell" Benchmarks On Ubuntu Linux

I would be interested, because it yes x264 got quite a lot quicker!

Regards
    user

Comment

Why no Richland graphics tests?

Comment

Originally posted by user82 View Post
        Hi Michael,

did you use the same quality settings and input material for x264 as in the older benchmark in the article Intel Core i7 4770K "Haswell" Benchmarks On Ubuntu Linux

I would be interested, because it yes x264 got quite a lot quicker!

Regards
        user
        You can click the titles of the graph to load the test profiles on OpenBenchmarking.org and it shows the test profile version, upstream test, changes between tests, etc.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Actually good article. Thank you!

Comment

where is the iris pro 5200?

Comment

Thank you Michael, this is what i been asking for

I think Kaveri will get better with some time, for the price it's a good APU.
              I expected more from the GPU but i think it's catalyst that needs to shape up.

Comment

Originally posted by widardd View Post
                where is the iris pro 5200?
                I don't have any Iris Pro system. I only had an Iris Pro ultrabook on loan for a short time from System76.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Impressive

I think the most interesting benchmarks are Himeno and Primesieve.
                  The fact that a 3.7ghz quad core can beat the 4ghz octacore fx8350 by such a great margin shows a great potential for the steamroller architecture!

Comment

It's looking like I'll be getting a <= 65 W TDP Haswell i3 or i5 for my mini-ITX PC if I guess how the 65 W TDP Kaveri chips might perform based on this article.

Comment

Working...
                    X