• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synaptix
    replied
    Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
    no only 1.21 GW
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• ObiWan
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    that pull's a Terawatt
    no only 1.21 GW

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
    dynaticks si a HUGE step foward in terms of power-consumption, and it was made to reduce it.
    Except that it doesn't seem to have any effect on power consumption, according to Linus.

Leave a comment:

• LinuxGamer
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Hey, it's not an AMD FX-9000 series CPU...
    that pull's a Terawatt

Leave a comment:

• sireangelus
    replied
    dynaticks si a HUGE step foward in terms of power-consumption, and it was made to reduce it.

Leave a comment:

• przemoli
    replied
    Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
    can we get some power usage benchs about the new dynaticks system??(been there since 3.10, never saw even mentioned anywhere.)
    Or different Schedulers, or ...
    (And lattency measures, as long as Michael wont provide avrg. lattency first )

Leave a comment:

• sireangelus
    replied
    can we get some power usage benchs about the new dynaticks system??(been there since 3.10, never saw even mentioned anywhere.)

Leave a comment:

• synaptix
    replied
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    i think you mean Watts

Kilo = 1000
    Mili = 1/1000
    I blame the alcohol.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by synaptix View Post
    Why is it measured in milliwatts and not kilowatts?
    Hey, it's not an AMD FX-9000 series CPU...

Leave a comment:

• jakubo
    replied
    Originally posted by liam View Post
    So, it uses less power, but takes longer to complete x264 test (relative to 3.9). Perhaps integrating the curve for total energy used would be a nice idea?
    What we should be seeing, especially with haswell, is more dynamic power states. I realise this was with ivb, but I'd IMAGINE that intel is looking to make the kernel work best with their latest chips.
    Also need to see how the work towards overall platform power reduction is going. Hopefully enough time has passed since the new framework (around 3.6, IIRC) for querying and setting component states for at least some of the drivers to have updated.
    total power consumption (per task, like frames per Joule for the games and maybe per many tasks in parallel to see where the offset is) and idle consumption would be nice... Will the offset from many graphs and the idle pc be the same? and some kind of explanation what the "O" is on the "time graph". is it time for the x axis? is it the same scale for all of the lines?
    i know you are still doing tests and its not gonna be christmas soon. Its just what intrigues me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X