Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 13.10 Performance On Intel Core i7 "Haswell"

Phoronix: Ubuntu 13.10 Performance On Intel Core i7 "Haswell"

The many Intel Haswell Linux benchmarks delivered on Phoronix this month have been from updated Ubuntu 13.04 configurations. However, if you're curious about what the performance is like when upgrading to an Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" daily development snapshot, here are some benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    So it's getting better! Go Canonical go!
    Do you really think Canonical is doing something to improve Haswell performance?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Do you really think Canonical is doing something to improve Haswell performance?
      Well, they see to it that the actual code created by others blends well into their own distro and at a reasonable pace, not as easy as it sounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        Sure!
        Better driver into the kernel? Naaa.
        Better release of mesa? Naaa.
        New release of ubuntu? Right, that is the reason! LOL

Comment

don't mind bo$$. Every post he types is just non-sense Ubuntu and Mir propaganda like this one.

Either a troll or an ignorant, maybe both, but who cares?

Comment

Aside from the flame war, what's Haswell graphics like for desktop usage? I'm talking KDE+effects+20 applications running+several hours usage. Because I still see slowdown with NVIDIA graphics before long.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_Scull View Post
              don't mind bo$$. Every post he types is just non-sense Ubuntu and Mir propaganda like this one.

Either a troll or an ignorant, maybe both, but who cares?
              BO$$ isn't ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                BO$$ isn't ignorant.
                No, but he is definitely a fanboy... which I honestly see as worse. A ignorant person you can change their mind and inform them. A fanboy... theyre gonna worship at their fandom's feet until said fandom is burning to ash around them. (Not restricted to Canonical. Any fanboy of anything.)
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  No, but he is definitely a fanboy... which I honestly see as worse. A ignorant person you can change their mind and inform them. A fanboy... theyre gonna worship at their fandom's feet until said fandom is burning to ash around them. (Not restricted to Canonical. Any fanboy of anything.)
                  I'm not sure he's really a fanboy either. He definitely trolls, though. I don't think he honestly believes some of what he says, which is why i don't think he's a fanboy, he just likes to stir things up and that's pretty easy to do around here.

I mean, look at his username, what do you expect? BOSS = he thinks he's more important than the rest of us. And the dollar signs like that scream 12 year old childishness, just like when people use it in M$.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    I'm not sure he's really a fanboy either. He definitely trolls, though. I don't think he honestly believes some of what he says, which is why i don't think he's a fanboy, he just likes to stir things up and that's pretty easy to do around here.

I mean, look at his username, what do you expect? BOSS = he thinks he's more important than the rest of us. And the dollar signs like that scream 12 year old childishness, just like when people use it in M$.
                    See, personally, I dont want to believe BO$$ is a troll though...because I HAVE had the occasional serious, well thought-out conversation with him. Which knowing that he trolls and is serious on the same account would be disappointing to me. Its easier for me to rationalize him as a fanboy.. at least then I kind of have some hope for him.
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X