Ubuntu 13.10 Performance On Intel Core i7 "Haswell"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    See, personally, I dont want to believe BO$$ is a troll though...because I HAVE had the occasional serious, well thought-out conversation with him. Which knowing that he trolls and is serious on the same account would be disappointing to me. Its easier for me to rationalize him as a fanboy.. at least then I kind of have some hope for him.
    I've seen him criticize Ubuntu when he feels like being serious, so no, he's not a fanboy. I think he's trying to protest something (irrational hate of everything Canonical, which I agree with him about) and I think he's using these forums for his protesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
      I've seen him criticize Ubuntu when he feels like being serious, so no, he's not a fanboy. I think he's trying to protest something (irrational hate of everything Canonical, which I agree with him about) and I think he's using these forums for his protesting.
      But I really don't think its a matter of irrational hate against Canonical... Personally Canonical and Apple are in the same boat for me-- they take groupings of good ideas and put them into shippable products. That's fine, that's needed. But what annoys me is when people say that Apple or Canonical INVENTED it, or that it was THEIR idea... Let's be honest: neither one of them have had ORIGINAL ideas in a long time. AirPlay? its Zero-Conf networking, an idea that was around for a long time before hand. iPhone? Its a phone with a touchscreen... Samsung and Palm have prior art. iPad? Microsoft has prior art. Unity? lets be honest...that's a clone of OS X with an immovable dock.

These improvements? Probably none of them were directly resulted from Canonical (a canonical employee wrote the patch to bump performance) these are just improvements that came along from Canonical rebasing off of Upstream. Canonical didn't do the work, Upstream did.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
        Finally one who has got it!
        There's not really any difference between trolling to make a point, and trolling for fun. At least not to those you're trolling.

I happen to agree that there's a lot of irrational hatred/trolling of Canonical on here, but it goes both ways. And there are some very rational reasons to dislike some of Canonicals actions.

BO$$ is a lot more intelligent than the standard Phoronix troll, though, I'll give him that much.
        Last edited by smitty3268; 22 June 2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X