Intel Haswell To Boost Graphics Performance 2~3x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
    Not right away, obviously...but I imagine we probably will at some point. Is there a specific feature you were hoping for? We can always implement certain extensions before finishing a full GL version.
    I'm just pointing out that Intel PR department do not know that Intel already provide OpenGL 4.0... on older hardware... And actually You are first Intel employee who answered such question IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
      Not right away, obviously...but I imagine we probably will at some point. Is there a specific feature you were hoping for? We can always implement certain extensions before finishing a full GL version.

I don't know about Rage/Doom 3 BFG at this point...I haven't had time to look into it yet (sorry). L4D2 is perfectly playable on my Ivybridge (Lenovo X230) with Mesa master at 1920x1080. I haven't tried 9.1 lately, but we have done a bunch of optimizations since then, and I'm seeing a lot more than 20 fps. You might also try turning Shaders and Effects down to Low, if you haven't already.

We are all hoping for tessellation. Also we prefer good Wine support (Wine driver, not Linux driver). For example, a good thing is to do "winetricks glsl=disabled" and this will work as with an Nvidia GPU. Also if you can contribute something to Wine, will be good. For example, if glsl(enabled/disabled) can work fused, some shaders to GLSL some CPU-heavy not, it will be great. If you can contribute to an D3D state-tracker or to an LLVM based HLSL shader-compiler will be great.

Comment

Working...
      X