Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyborg16
    replied
    That makes a quad-core A15 almost competitive with low-end Intel where massive parallelisation is possible, and probably significantly better for battery life. Can't wait to see how the ARM v8 cores compare.

Leave a comment:

• mmrezaie
    replied
    Thanks

This is what it should have been from start. I used phoronix-test-suit to compare your benchmarks with mine (Core i3) to figure out the difference and I should say that ARM has come a long path. With Cortex A5X I think we will see something in the range of core series of Intel.

A suggestion: I know that you need some clicks to make enough funds to keep up your very good work (and I am grateful), but I really think you need to expand your reviews to be more through like Anandtech. One have to read a lot of your articles to grasp the idea of what is going on "in a single matter". In that case your site will be more worthy of citations! This way it is more of a go to phoronix and try to find the thing that you are looking for. Which most people won't.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic ARM Cortex-A15 vs. NVIDIA Tegra 3 vs. Intel x86

ARM Cortex-A15 vs. NVIDIA Tegra 3 vs. Intel x86

Phoronix: ARM Cortex-A15 vs. NVIDIA Tegra 3 vs. Intel x86

Last week I shared some early benchmarks of the Samsung Chromebook while running Ubuntu Linux. The Samsung Chromebook is very interesting since it's one of the few readily available computers on the market employing an ARM Cortex-A15 processor rather than Cortex-A9 or other models. The Cortex-A15 found in the Samsung Exynos 5 Dual SoC proved to be very powerful and this Chromebook was quite a good deal with it being trivial to load Ubuntu Linux (and other distributions) while costing only $250 USD for this ARM-based laptop. In the past week I have carried out additional ARM Cortex-A15 benchmarks, including a comparison of its performance the the NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core ARM "Cardhu" tablet and several Intel Atom/Core x86 systems.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X