X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• droidhacker
    replied
    WOW!

Ok, finally a benchmark/test out of phoronix that offers actual valuable information!!!!
    But... late.

It seems to be a rather linear dependency that the chip has on the memory. Looks to me like AMD may have a very solid platform, but needs to focus more on memory bandwidth. These AMD chips are still dual channel aren't they? And Intel runs triple channel on some of their chips? With AMD, you need to step all the way up to an Opteron 6000 to break over 2 memory channels (Opteron 6000 are 4-channel rectangular chips, lots of pins!).

How about it AMD? 8-channel desktop chips?

Leave a comment:

• willmore
    replied
    Memory timings?

Michael,

I may have missed it, but what were the memory timings for speeds other than 2133?

2133: 11-11-11-27

From those latency values, the following are the closest without going over:
    1866:10-10-10-24
    1600:9-9-9-21
    1333:7-7-7-17(round up to a multiple of 3, I think) so 18
    1066:6-6-6-6-14(round to 15)
    800:5-5-5-11(round to 12)

Close settings that only exceed the original timings by a tiny bit:
    1600:8-8-8-21
    800:4-4-4-12

If you left the clocks at 10-10-10-24 for all clock speeds, you're testing not just memory bandwidth, but latency tolerance as well.

Thanks for the test!

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic AMD Trinity Linux Memory Performance

AMD Trinity Linux Memory Performance

Phoronix: AMD Trinity Linux Memory Performance

Following the initial AMD A10-5800K Trinity on Linux article earlier in the week, many forum goers were discussing the impact that the system memory speed has on the overall performance for this latest generation APU. In this benchmark are results looking at the impact of the Linux performance as the DDR3 memory operates at speeds from 800MHz through 2133MHz.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X