replied
    A10-5800K is on Par with i5-3470 With discreet graphics

check out this review it is even on par with the IB i5

http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-trin...nce/17272.html

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Ansla View Post
    Can you show me the game (or any other graphics intensive application) that is CPU bound on this APU? All the games benchmarked by Michael in this article performed better with the more powerfull dedicated GPUs then with the built-in GPU, so they are all clearly GPU bound. And "World of Padman" is deffinatly not a very "shader intensive" game and still went from 221 FPS with the onboard GPU to 350 FPS with the GTX 550 while using the same CPU.
    Look here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6347/a...sktop-part-2/6
    All games perform better with a more powerful CPU; all using the same GPU.

Leave a comment:

• Ansla
    replied
    Can you show me the game (or any other graphics intensive application) that is CPU bound on this APU? All the games benchmarked by Michael in this article performed better with the more powerfull dedicated GPUs then with the built-in GPU, so they are all clearly GPU bound. And "World of Padman" is deffinatly not a very "shader intensive" game and still went from 221 FPS with the onboard GPU to 350 FPS with the GTX 550 while using the same CPU.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Ansla View Post
    To everyone saying crossfire would be useless for this APU, are you aware of the "Hybrid Crossfire" feature? It would be nice to know if it works on Linux and what performance would be like when pairing this APU with a Radeon HD 6670.
    I only objected to the request to pair a puny CPU with a crossfire setup. Sure you could find a handful of games that don't use the CPU, but are shader intensive, however this doesn't seem relevant in any way.
    I don't know about AMD, but even a 680GTX will idle at under 20W, so if I needed more than an embedded GPU, I'd still go for an intel CPU and a dedicated GPU. You don't earn much by shutting off the dedicated GPU and switching to the on-chip one.

Leave a comment:

• Ansla
    replied
    To everyone saying crossfire would be useless for this APU, are you aware of the "Hybrid Crossfire" feature? It would be nice to know if it works on Linux and what performance would be like when pairing this APU with a Radeon HD 6670.

Leave a comment:

• psycho_driver
    replied
    Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
    Only an Intel idiot would post any Anandtech bentmarks.

And who's says they are quitting the desktop market?
    Anand was actually very kind to AMD. He just picked the two worst slides to show.

Leave a comment:

• ownagefool
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Nobody will look to spend $50-100 less for the CPU AND run a crossfire setup at the same time. It doesn't make sense. The top end of these CPUs stops about where the low end of Sandy Bridge starts.
    You're curious about the setup, I can accept that. But I just don't buy AMD's talk that CPU power has ceased to matter right where they started failing to compete.
    I don't agree with that statement either, CPU power is important in many aspects of computing. However if we go straight to gaming, you're talking about the bottleneck between the CPU and the iGPU on the APU. I wouldn't be suprised if the bottleneck wasn't still the GPU in many games, thus giving cause to actually consider a crossfire APU setup over an i3 + discrete card. The latters extra CPU grunt won't help you get more FPS out of your GPU when its maxed, but thats something we'll see more benchmarks on when its in the wild.

Still, I'd rather PRIME with the features of Lucid Virtu MVP as opposed to crossfire, ultimately.

Leave a comment:

• Lynxeye
    replied
    Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
    Hmm 2133MHz...Chipset maximum should be 1866MHz, is there some way to circumvent it or is that some artificial test. Quite impressive performance increase nonetheless.
    It's not a hard limit. AMD only specifies 1866MHz as the validated maximum frequency, but it seems that reaching 2133MHz was just a matter of relaxing the timings a bit on the platform used by this site.

Leave a comment:

• tuke81
    replied
    Hmm 2133MHz...Chipset maximum should be 1866MHz, is there some way to circumvent it or is that some artificial test. Quite impressive performance increase nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• Lynxeye
    replied
    Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
    Ah ,thanks. So according to toms review you could get bit more fps by using ddr3 1866MHz rams. Could you Micheal do the quick memory comparing test with i.e. 1060,1333,1600 and 1866 MHz rams?
    From a german site, but the graph does not need any explanation, besides blue=games, red=apps, green=weighted:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X