No announcement yet.

AMD A10-5800K "Trinity" APU On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome early preview. Now I was wondering if the wonderful folks at Phoronix would be able to test the A10-5800k in a crossfire config using the latest Catalyst drivers? Would be really nice to see. Hint Hint.. PLEASE

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
      Hahaha AMD has become the laughing stock of the cpu world. Why don't they just go bankrupt. They suck so much how come they are not dead yet? Who the fuck still buys AMD. I have seen people hiding the fact that they have AMD to avoid ridicule...
      If AMD will bankrupt, Intel Core i3 will cost at least $500.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseider View Post
        Awesome early preview. Now I was wondering if the wonderful folks at Phoronix would be able to test the A10-5800k in a crossfire config using the latest Catalyst drivers? Would be really nice to see. Hint Hint.. PLEASE
        Why not crossfire on an Atom board? That would make as much sense as your own suggestion.
        These are low-budget CPU, there's no use in trying to put it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Why not crossfire on an Atom board? That would make as much sense as your own suggestion.
          Agreed. Crossfire doesn't make tons of sense, but a PRIME setup might. Plug the monitor into the onboard graphics output, and use a dedicated card as a render slave whenever you need performance. When you don't need the performance, shut down the dedicated card completely.

Comment

Originally posted by benmoran View Post
            I'm waiting for the performance of these APUs to pass my current setup, and then I'm switching over. Mostly for size and noise issues, and since I love small form factor cases.

The CPU speed is largely irrelevant to me, and to a lot of people I think these days. IMO, for home desktops we've been at a "good enough" level for years now. A few cores and a few gigahertz will do it.
            Agreed! I want to see this in SFF. Will look delicious .

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseider View Post
              folks at Phoronix
              I have been cloned or have more employees now? Where?
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                Hahaha AMD has become the laughing stock of the cpu world. Why don't they just go bankrupt. They suck so much how come they are not dead yet? Who the fuck still buys AMD. I have seen people hiding the fact that they have AMD to avoid ridicule...
                Congratulations!!!!

You've just won the 'Epitome of ignorance' award.

If you are interested in seeing the laughing stock, find a mirror. YOU'RE IT. One who is so worried about the "cool factor" of CPUs that you make CPU vendors a personal issue.

Personally, I'm quite happy with AMD chips, and have been burned a few times by Intel. If I need more performance, I'll just buy more chips. It'll still cost me less.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  These CPUS don't run like atoms, the top end has a fairly nice bite to it. It would make sense to have both cards doing work in GPU bound games, obviously with the added advantage of turning one off when it doesn't need the power.

Comment

Originally posted by ownagefool View Post
                    These CPUS don't run like atoms, the top end has a fairly nice bite to it. It would make sense to have both cards doing work in GPU bound games, obviously with the added advantage of turning one off when it doesn't need the power.
                    Nobody will look to spend $50-100 less for the CPU AND run a crossfire setup at the same time. It doesn't make sense. The top end of these CPUs stops about where the low end of Sandy Bridge starts.
                    You're curious about the setup, I can accept that. But I just don't buy AMD's talk that CPU power has ceased to matter right where they started failing to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post

Yet more awful AMD chips. No wonder they're quitting the desktop market.
                      Only an Intel idiot would post any Anandtech bentmarks.

And who's says they are quitting the desktop market?

Comment

Working...
                      X