Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phenom II X6 1055T or Phenom II X4 965 BE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the 1055T is too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Because the 1055T is too slow.
      Just because the max speed of 6 cores is 400 MHz lower?
      Is this the only reason?
      Then would you recommend a X4?

Cheers,

Comment

Which CPU is better obviously depends on what you are going to use it for. One case (4 threads) will see the X4 965 faster, otherwise X6 1055T will be on par to or faster than the X4.

Comment

@Emanem

That's very simple, it's hard to find a benchmark where the 1055T is faster than a higher clocked quad.

Comment

Where did you get the information that the 1055T has a TDP of 95W? AFAIK it's got a TDP of 125W, and therefore the same as the 965BE. This test (sorry it's in german, but the numbers should speak for themselves) confirms this: The 965BE consumes slightly less power than the 1055T, both in idle and under load (when looking at the 1055T with turbo enabled). The real powersaver is the new chipset, the 890FX. According to the test, it saves about 30W compared to the old one when using the same cpu.
            So I'd also recommend a X4 for now, it's bearly much slower in multithreaded apps, but noticeably faster in singlethreaded ones (or ones that don't make use of >4 cores). It's also much cheaper and consumes slightly less power.

Comment

The 1055T comes in 95 W and 125 W variants.
              Similarly, the 965 comes in 125 W and 140 W variants.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                The 1055T comes in 95 W and 125 W variants.
                Where are you getting this from? There surely is no 95W version listed on AMD's website: http://products.amd.com/en-na/deskto...False&f12=True
                And I don't remember reading about a yet to come 95W version in any of the reviews I read.

Comment

It was discussed from AMD leaked roadmaps in March.
                  A set of new slides by AMD to sections of the industry spills the beans on AMD's processor offer outlook for perhaps the rest of the year. It shows AMD to maintain focus on value-oriented models that etch away Intel's market share on grounds of price/performance, while the higher-end of the spectrum...

Some price comparison sites already list it (but no e-tailers yet):
                  ✔ compare prices for AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (95W), 6C/6T, 2.80-3.30GHz, boxed (HDT55TWFGRBOX) ✔ read user reviews ✔ Product info ⇒ Cores: 6 • Threads: 6 • Turbo Clock: 3.30GHz • Base Clock: 2.80GHz… ✔ AMD ✔ Product tests ✔ Buy inexpensively

Comment

choose the newest if you can

at least 6 Core K10.5 is competing with intel's 4 core products.

Comment

I would choose the Thuban for all the reasons mentioned above and 965 only if you must have Block Edition.

AFAICT, the 95W version of 1055T is only for preorder (coming soon), but I could be wrong. It has also been rumored that a 95W version of at least 955 is coming soon with a newer Deneb die (C4?).

Comment

Working...
                      X