Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Clarkdale (Core i3) Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Intel Clarkdale (Core i3) Linux Benchmarks

Earlier this month Intel had introduced their new Core i3 and Core i5 (and even Pentium) processors in the Clarkdale family. Clarkdale and Arrandale (the mobile version of the former) is more unique than some of the other recent Intel Core processors as it introduces a graphics processor on the CPU die itself...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

benchmark compiler

How do we know more about the benchmarks?
    Indeed , for instance, for CPU benchmark (GPU to nil), I wonder with which compiler and options they were compiled and if they do include assembly code, for which arch this assembly code was optimized for.

Comment

It's a little misleading to have "Benchmarks" on an article where you don't actually have any, guys... :/

Comment

How's about that HyperThreading in Core i3/i5/i7?
        I've got Dell R710 server with Core i7 based two quad core Xeon processors and I see on Ubuntu Server 64bit 10.04 alpha 2 just 8 logical cores on both processors together.
        I see 'ht' flag in 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' and I don't see any option to enable HyperThreading in BIOS (I've enabled all the settings which coresponding to CPU).
        Indeed it's power is increadibly good but I wanted to do some benchmarks how would HT work there on used applications.

Comment

"more unique" - nothing can be more or less unique. uniqeness is an absolute - it means one of a kind.

"it introduces a graphics processor on the CPU die itself" - It does not. The graphics processor is on a separate 45nm die, together with the memory controller. The processor die (a 32nm part) and the northbridge die are together on the same package.

Affiliate links to online hardware stores are not unexpected, but are still bad form.

Comment

"Intel HD Graphics- provides superb visual performance for sharper images, richer color and lifelike video." Stupid marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by xeros View Post
              How's about that HyperThreading in Core i3/i5/i7?
              I've got Dell R710 server with Core i7 based two quad core Xeon processors and I see on Ubuntu Server 64bit 10.04 alpha 2 just 8 logical cores on both processors together.
              I see 'ht' flag in 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' and I don't see any option to enable HyperThreading in BIOS (I've enabled all the settings which coresponding to CPU).
              Indeed it's power is increadibly good but I wanted to do some benchmarks how would HT work there on used applications.
              The i5 doesn't have Hyperthreading, at least the quads don't.
              Last edited by deanjo; 15 January 2010, 07:38 PM.

Comment

All dual i3/i5 have got HT, i3 does not have got TurboBoost.

Comment

What about the /proc/cpuinfo?

Comment

Are there any specific distros that perform well or seem to have more problems than others?

I am going to be picking up an Calpella-based laptop, but I haven't seen a whole lot of data about how Linux-compatible the new Core processors and their chipsets are.

Comment

Working...
                    X