Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Performance Limit Reasons Coming To Linux 6.11

Phoronix: Intel Performance Limit Reasons Coming To Linux 6.11

Set to be merged for the upcoming Linux 6.11 kernel cycle is Intel's "Performance Limit Reasons" reporting for indicating why a processor may be downclocking...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Intel Excuses for Suckage.

Your system is slow and overheating, because you bought from the best.

Comment

Has anybody here managed to disable Lenovo's lapmode detection for 6.9 kernels? That anti-feature is easily responsible for 95% of the throttling I encounter on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by jstoik View Post
        Lenovo's lapmode detection
        What is this shit? HAHAHAHAH

Meanwhile, my MSI gaming laptop just burns my soul.
        "Oh you're keeping me in your lap? Oh it's summer too? Heh, bro you fucked up" *proceeds to get 4th degrees burns"

By the way, try this https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Lenovo_ThinkPad_X1_Extreme#Disabling_BDPROCHOT_to_ prevent_throttling_on_battery

I disable BDPROCHOT too on my laptop, since that fucker has the GPU limit to 70°C and the GPU heats as far as 80°C, but it's not an issue, since laptop components are built to sustain that type of temps.

I have good thermal paste (ARCTIC MX-4) on CPU and GPU so I can disable it.
        Plus, I undervolt my CPU so it no longer reaches 95°C but a maximum of 85°C.
        I disabled Intel Turbo Boost too, it's useless and makes the CPU reach 90°C easily.
        Last edited by Delta_44; 11 July 2024, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ddriver View Post
          Intel Excuses for Suckage.

Your system is slow and overheating, because you bought from the best.
          Came here looking for this.

Comment

Reason: We clocked the i9 at 5.9GHz but Dell installed a fanless low profile CPU cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_44 View Post
              What is this shit? HAHAHAHAH
              Lawyers.

The worst part is I keep my computer on a cooling pad on a desk!

And yet if I type too hard or fast or the fan vibrates just wrong, lapmode kicks in and won't kick out until I reboot.

Thanks! I haven't tried this before, so will give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by jstoik View Post

Lawyers.

The worst part is I keep my computer on a cooling pad on a desk!
                You should open the laptop, find the fucking accelerometer and tear it apart

Comment

Working...
                X