Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shanedav4
    replied
    Let us know when they decide to stick to a set commands for the AMD_pstate driver.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch
    replied
    Can we expect TLP or auto-cpufreq likely be a good all-in-one tool that takes care of tuning this stuff?

Would big distros tweak it for us?

I'm always scratching my head how my laptop gets way worse battery life on Linux than on Windows. The performance is practically the same. It makes me wonder why this is and. How much power efficiency is left on the table.

I already know video decoding and things like that are behind, but for basic stuff like documents and web browsing, it's jarring the difference in battery sometimes.

This is for both a Thinkpad T14 G3 AMD and a MacBook Air

Leave a comment:

• MastaG
    replied
    So it will be merged for 6.4 but it will only work when passing: amd_pstate=guided
    AMD seems to be a little slow when it comes to supporting their hardware...

Leave a comment:

• PAUL007
    replied
    my amd ass burning watching these p-state news floating cant use the driver cause HP disabled cppc from bios.

Leave a comment:

• ptr1337
    replied
    I was really wondered why it got not into the 6.3 Kernel, even if it was ready since a bunch of time.
    Anyways, I run it since a while, together with the schedutil gov. Runs quite good compared to the default amd-pstate.

Still not sure, which one does suit better to me. amd-pstate-epp (powersave/power) or amd-pstate-guided (schedutil).

One thing which I also wonder, is that cpupower does report amd-pstate-epp but not amd-pstate-guided. Its simply amd-pstate, even if amd-pstate-guided is running.

Leave a comment:

• AMD P-State Guided Autonomous Mode Coming For Linux 6.4

Phoronix: AMD P-State Guided Autonomous Mode Coming For Linux 6.4

While Linux 6.3 adds AMD P-State EPP as the "Energy Performance Preference" mode for enhancing the power/performance on recent Ryzen and EPYC systems on Linux, with Linux 6.4 the P-State Guided Autonomous Mode is coming to round out AMD's current CPU frequency scaling driver efforts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X