Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Launches The EPYC Embedded 9004 Series

Phoronix: AMD Launches The EPYC Embedded 9004 Series

AMD is using Embedded World 2023 in Nürnberg to launch the EPYC Embedded 9004 series as their 4th Gen EPYC processors intended for telecommunications, edge computing, automation, and IoT applications...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has AMD Cancelled Siena? These embedded parts are right there in the same edge segment.

Comment

Originally posted by nicalandia View Post
      Has AMD Cancelled Siena? These embedded parts are right there in the same edge segment.
      I gess not..

Comment

What exactly makes this "embedded"? If it's BGA, why would I opt for that over LGA for these particular models?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          What exactly makes this "embedded"?

I'm not sure of the specifics for this particular part, but in general:
          - Some specific IPs or features that are only enabled on embedded parts (e.g., integrated Ethernet, NTB, etc.)
          - Verification across a wider range of environmental conditions (e.g., certified to operate in extreme cold)

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          If it's BGA, why would I opt for that over LGA for these particular models?
          It's LGA. See more details here:

Comment

"AMD is using Embedded World 2023 in Nürnberg to launch the EPYC Embedded 9004 series as their 4th Gen EPYC processors intended for telecommunications, edge computing, automation, and IoT applications."
            Sounded to me like it's kinda like Intels Atoms, but looking at the specs, it is very much not like Atoms.

Does AMD have any plans for low-power CPUs that you'd use in router/NAS-like homeservers or maybe mediacenter PCs and similar?

Comment

Originally posted by DanielG View Post
              "
              Does AMD have any plans for low-power CPUs that you'd use in router/NAS-like homeservers or maybe mediacenter PCs and similar?
              Come on who doesn't want to run TrueNAS on a 96 core processor!

Comment

Embedded with a TDP of 200W?
                I think years ago they would call these "Carrier Grade".

Comment

I've confused this with Ryzen embedded, the one used in cassino machines, RMI and other stuff with GPU

Comment

Originally posted by DanielG View Post
                    "AMD is using Embedded World 2023 in Nürnberg to launch the EPYC Embedded 9004 series as their 4th Gen EPYC processors intended for telecommunications, edge computing, automation, and IoT applications."
                    Sounded to me like it's kinda like Intels Atoms, but looking at the specs, it is very much not like Atoms.

Xeon Scalable Embedded processors are the equivalent for these AMD processors. AMD has the Ryzen Embedded processors which are similar to Atom.

Last edited by brad0; 15 March 2023, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X