AMD Announces Ryzen 7800X3D / 7900X3D / 7950X3D Pricing & Availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces Ryzen 7800X3D / 7900X3D / 7950X3D Pricing & Availability

Phoronix: AMD Announces Ryzen 7800X3D / 7900X3D / 7950X3D Pricing & Availability

Now that we are into February with AMD previously announced the month for learning more about their new Zen 4 processors with 3D V-Cache, this morning they revealed the firm availability dates and pricing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's cool and all, but those prices basically ensure that I'm gonna ride out AM4 for a while seeing as how the 5800X3D is $338 on Newegg at the time of this post. Their new shit needs to be a bit more competitively priced with their current shit.

Comment

Are all of them asymmetrical in their cache setup?
      Afaiu, the 7950 has two core complexes with 8/8, 7900 two with 6/8. But does the 7800 only have one?
      Does that mean lower top clocks for the 7800?
      Last edited by milkylainen; 01 February 2023, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Brilliant it makes you dream They will certainly crush Intel in terms of performance in all application areas, whether gaming, 3D animation or even everyday use.

The only thing that bothers me with AMD is the chronic unavailability of their products.

At the time I had to wait 5 months before receiving my 5950x, I also pre-ordered an RX 7900 XTX as soon as it was available and I'm still waiting for the delivery which is ceaselessly postponed ;-(

Intel may be less good, they have stock !!

As for Nvidia, despite being hyper expensive, they have stock them too and people buy their cards because AMD, which is cheaper for the same performance, has no products for sale in stores ;-(

AMD should really question themselves, I'm available if they need a strategist at their service.
        Last edited by Phil995511; 01 February 2023, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
          Are all of them asymmetrical in their cache setup?
          Afaiu, the 7950 has two core complexes with 8/8, 7900 two with 6/8. But does the 7800 only have one?
          Does that mean lower top clocks for the 7800?
          The 7900X3D is 6/6 (you can not have different core counts on each CCD as far as I know). One CCD has no 3D V-Cache but has higher clocks, the other has 3D V-Cache with lower clocks.

The 7800X3D has a single CCD with 8 cores and 3D V-Cache with a maximum boost clock of 5 GHz as shown here.

So yeah, the 7800X3D has lower clocks.

Comment

The new CPU prices are great, but since I'd have to buy a new motherboard and RAM as well I won't be upgrading my AM4 Ryzen 7 5700X system for a very, very, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              That's cool and all, but those prices basically ensure that I'm gonna ride out AM4 for a while seeing as how the 5800X3D is $338 on Newegg at the time of this post. Their new shit needs to be a bit more competitively priced with their current shit.
              The 7800X3D is launching at the same price as the 5800X3D: same MSRP.

The 33% price premium over the street price of the 5800X3D is about equal to the performance increase, too.

Given that demand for PC components has fallen off a cliff, it wouldn't surprise me to see the 7800X3D selling below MSRP in not too long.

Comment

I really wonder how Linux will handle the lopsided cache, especially in singled thread applications and games. Will it have any clue about where a process will perform better?

On the Windows side they're apparently building lists of which applications/games to run on which chiplet.

I'd much rather buy a 7950X3D with BOTH sides getting extra cache, but they're not making that, so I'll probably just get a 7800X3D.

Comment

If nothing else, I'll wait for more 65W TDP SKUs. I don't have air conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    I read a few articles today about AMD admitting to adopting the unethical tactics of Nvidia and undershipping CPUs and GPUs to keep prices artificially high. Even older devices.

As an AMD only customer for decades, even the bad ones, I'm very disappointed. I went through quite a few years with underpowered CPUs and GPUs just to hold off Intel and Nvidia monopolies, and because Jerry Sanders started AMD with ethical behavior as a primary corporate tenent.

But I guess we're all going to have to start watching out for manipulated CPU and GPU prices now, no matter the brand. As it appears there are no ethical manufacturers remaining.

Comment

Working...
                    X