Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Rolling Out New Website Area For Zen Software Studio

Phoronix: AMD Rolling Out New Website Area For Zen Software Studio

For those making use of AMD's Optimizing C/C++/Fortran compilers, ZenNN library, profiling software, and various other CPU-based software resources for EPYC and Ryzen processors, AMD is in the process of rolling out a new area on the website for highlighting these Zen Software Studio assets...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tell Microsoft to fuck off with driver replacing windows update. Like the option to disable it is there but it's bullshit. I'm being held with old driver and not be able to enjoy whatever amd is offering.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
      Tell Microsoft to fuck off with driver replacing windows update. Like the option to disable it is there but it's bullshit. I'm being held with old driver and not be able to enjoy whatever amd is offering.
      Forgive my ignorance. Why use *ANYTHING* from Microshaft? Linux is freeware and has none of the issues.

Comment

I hope this is the beginning, a seed, of what leads to a GUI control panel for their video cards on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
          I hope this is the beginning, a seed, of what leads to a GUI control panel for their video cards on Linux.
          is called corectrl https://gitlab.com/corectrl/corectrl

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
            The poster probably means vendor-provided one.

Comment

Pandora's box has been opened thanks to LLVMs liberal licensing. Where are the times when vendors invested heavily in GCC because they were forced to by its strict license, now those companies tend to provide binary-only builds of their LLVM-based custom solutions in order to protect their "secrets". It just prooves that those companies don't give back in case they don't have to - glad mesa and the linux kernel have a "good" license.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
                I believe you somehow believe a vendor control panel will be able to do anything different then then the various "gpu control apps" already available. No, they all cook with water and use the same kernel driver nodes to interface with.

They are as useless on Linux as they are on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
                  Pandora's box has been opened thanks to LLVMs liberal licensing. Where are the times when vendors invested heavily in GCC because they were forced to by its strict license, now those companies tend to provide binary-only builds of their LLVM-based custom solutions in order to protect their "secrets". It just prooves that those companies don't give back in case they don't have to - glad mesa and the linux kernel have a "good" license.
                  Mesa is licensed under MIT: https://docs.mesa3d.org/license.html

Not exactly a license that encourages one to contribute back

Comment

Working...
                  X