Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Zen 4 Tuning Patches Begin Landing In GCC 13

Phoronix: AMD Zen 4 Tuning Patches Begin Landing In GCC 13

Following the basic AMD Zen 4 "znver4" target enablement that was merged for the GCC 13 compiler in October, patches to begin providing tuned support have begun merging for this next GNU Compiler Collection release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really wish AMD was better at this. It’s sad that they’re just having the community do this instead of putting in the work themselves. It’s better than nothing, but still not ideal. Ampere, Intel, are both significantly better at this than AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Lbibass View Post
      I really wish AMD was better at this. It’s sad that they’re just having the community do this instead of putting in the work themselves. It’s better than nothing, but still not ideal. Ampere, Intel, are both significantly better at this than AMD.
      I don't know about this particular case, but historically AMD has funded Suse to do a lot of this work.

Comment

It seems that GCC 13 will have many new features.

Comment

They all have their issues. Remember years ago, nobody supported nothing. Lets not forget, AMD has still refused to deliver a GUI control panel for its graphic cards even to this day.

So these days, AMD half-a$$ing it is one half of an a$$ more than we had before. Which is a good thing.

Intel hasnt delivered a GUI either. Intel also is also late to support thread director on Linux. Razer mice. We could find a whole ton of them if we tried.

Comment

Doesn't have to be AMD that fronts the effort.
            I'm fine with them funding various others to keep things up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
              AMD has still refused to deliver a GUI control panel for its graphic cards even to this day.
              One question that I ask myself but not sure if others do, the knobs to be tweaked in this GUI tool, exists in Linux???

It doesn't make sense complain about not having a GUI tool to tweak fan curve, color space, whatever you can do in Windows if those options aren't available in Linux to begin with, if you can't run a CLI command to change that, WTH you would need a GUI to do nothing?

agd5f

Comment

Working...
              X