X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie

This is a very crappy response. If you disagree, add some facts for a change. Again, Linux is a fucking nothing on the desktop, all BSDs combined are probably 1% of the Linux's desktop market share.
    Windows is nothing, but a toy used by fanboys. When comes to Linux desktop market share it's growing and some fanboy's whining won't change reality:

Curious to know the latest market share percentage for Linux desktop? You don't have to do the research, we've done it for you.

https://www.debugpoint.com/linux-des...-high-in-june/

It can be safety assumed Linux desktop market share is over 3%. If xbox is taken into account let's take Android as well and then Windows market share becomes joke.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by brad0 View Post

Clueless as usual.
    Blacklisted.

Your post history is a collection of gems:

"Clueless as usual...."
    "That's a very incorrect assumption...."
    "Listing processors supported is useless. It's not the processor that matters...."
    "That's just idiotic...."
    "So clueless...."

I won't miss any of this ever again. My nerves and sanity are more important to me than people who spew absolute bullcrap.
    Last edited by birdie; 01 December 2022, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie
    This is a very crappy response. If you disagree, add some facts for a change. Again, Linux is a fucking nothing on the desktop, all BSDs combined are probably 1% of the Linux's desktop market share. Pretty much no one runs BSDs on the their desktop other than people playing with their PCs in their spare time or developers.

Damn, did you really need to add this crap, "incorrect assumption"? I have a strong desire to BL you forever right away because I hate when people talk like that. You're not an authority, you're a fucking no one for all I know and even if you were an expert, real experts don't allow themselves to to talk like that.
    Clueless as usual.

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    All these OS'es are primarily network OS'es meant to run on server equipment, not on your typical desktop/laptop. I really don't see any issues here. Support will be added eventually. Large corporations running thousands of servers don't rush to update their equipment once a new generation of CPUs hits the market, and not only that RPL is not a server CPU architecture anyways. The Sapphire Rapids CPU lineup (based on Golden Cove/ADL) is yet to be released.
    That's a very incorrect assumption.

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    Originally posted by Radtraveller View Post
    Shrug..
    maybe they just don’t have the hardware yet?
    For example, OpenBSD doesn’t state support for raptor lake.
    Listing processors supported is useless. It's not the processor that matters.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    All these OS'es are primarily network OS'es meant to run on server equipment, not on your typical desktop/laptop. I really don't see any issues here. Support will be added eventually. Large corporations running thousands of servers don't rush to update their equipment once a new generation of CPUs hits the market, and not only that RPL is not a server CPU architecture anyways. The Sapphire Rapids CPU lineup (based on Golden Cove/ADL) is yet to be released.
    Last edited by birdie; 01 December 2022, 03:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Any Maintainer&major Dev of an OS should get latest hardware donated by intel/AMD. Cant be too expensive to send out a few CPUs

Leave a comment:

• Radtraveller
    replied
    Shrug..
    maybe they just don’t have the hardware yet?
    For example, OpenBSD doesn’t state support for raptor lake.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Supported hardware:

Processors

All versions of the AMD Athlon 64 processors and their clones are supported. Unsupported Hardware:

New hardware is constantly being released, some of which may lack support. Your donation of time, hardware, or documentation can accelerate this support
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe “testing” whether an OS “works” on a platform should be based on whether the devs STATE there is such support?

Michael, to the above, if someone requests this kind of “test”, unless they also include a statement from the project’s website that they support the platform, you should reject it.

kind of unfair to “test” software on an, as yet, unsupported platform..​

Leave a comment:

• mxan
    replied
    OpenBSD benefits from its six month release cycle. The others are more LTS-oriented. You might have had better luck using the development (somewhat confusingly called “current”) versions of Free and NetBSD.

Leave a comment:

• spiral_23
    replied
    so stay with *bsd. on 11th gen - it has avx512 - not bad to have.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X