No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X "Zen 4" Rocks On Intel's Clear Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting results! Would have love see a game or two to compare, for instance the last total war, hitman. but that's already a lot of work. Thanks Michael

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

I'm not a fan of anything in this world other than common sense, logic, cold rationale and the scientific approach but I'm not perfect either because I'm driven by the genes I've inherited from a billion of years of evolution, e.g. I cannot stop loving a person who has long dumped me but at least with this love I'm not setting the world on fire, I don't create or participate in conflicts, and I try to help people who've lost their rational mind. And I will die long before I understand why people create idols for themselves, no matter if it's a company, operating system, or particular person or everything above.

Choose products! Choose quality! Chose traits! Choose life!
      I have to admit this comment of yours is quite sane..

Comment

I've long wanted to post this picture and finally I'm doing it.

HWiNFO64 sensors information for Ryzen 7 5800X under Windows.

Now compare that to Linux:
        Code:
        k10temp-pci-00c3
        Adapter: PCI adapter
        Tctl: +42.1°C
        Tccd1: +35.2°C
        Stop BS'ing
        Somebody should fuzz the k10temp driver or something and discover the 38 missing sensors...

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
          will all 7000 cpus have avx 512? or only desktop version? or maybe just the high end of the 7000?
          The entire desktop range and the server range use the exact same CCD so they'll all have AVX512. Not sure if the ones with monolithic dies will though.

Comment

I'm always fucking astonished how fans of any company create a nice warm fuzzy bubble for themselves where their company is the best in the world, it cares about its consumers while all its competitors are evil profit driven con artists.

Well, sorry to break it to you:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...miss-estimates
            I saw that report too. And Intel laying off thousands? Damn. Times be tough yo.

I did expect AMD to trip out of the gate actually but not this badly. There should have been more fanfare for Zen 4 but I think a lot of folks looked at their early X670 MoBo offering costs and were like "You want HOW MUCH for a new motherboard? In this economy? Have you lost you fucking mind!?" Sucks for AMD that globally things are shitty and the inflation everywhere is nuts. No, it didn't go unnoticed that only a small >handful< of MoBo makers brought something to market near launch date where as there's usually a dozen or more at launch date.

A lot of people, me included, are not wanting to get bitten by the Early Adopter issues. Let them fix all the issues first. I admit, the heat issue concerns me on the higher end models. I need an as close to silent setup as possible. I think there's a wait-and-see group of people who want the prices to come down and are waiting on the cheaper B650/B650E boards to get vetted before sinking $1,000 on a new and unproven arch. I set aside $800 for RAM, board and low-end CPU 10+ months ago but it seems even that's not enough to buy a decent entry level spec setup as of today.

No, AMD flew a bit too close to the sun on this one. Gonna wait 3-6 months for things to shake out and prices to come down. If the CPU and MoBo field still looks as desolate as it does today in 3-6 months, I might just get a low end Intel system if the price/perf meets my needs and call it a day.

Comment

I wish Debian / Ubuntu would use more of Clear Linux optimizations!

Comment

What compiler was used for Windows though?

Comment

Originally posted by Spring View Post
                  What compiler was used for Windows though?
                  All the official Windows binaries.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

Okay, Volta. You need help, too. Calm down. "Nfuckdia" is also really immature, console war stuff.
                    Yeah, both Volta and Birdie are toxic af. But hey, this place is much nore vivid that way!

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
                      You're prime example of hypocrite of all times. nfuckdia fanboy, winblows fanboy and sometimes Intel fanboy (but only in anti-AMD threads). And where's nvidia with their 'Open Source'? Nowhere. It seems you've vomited your brain already.
                      Volta i support you... this birdie person is one of the worst in this forum... he is Troll in support of all evil monopolies

Nvidia monopole in CUDA/Optix and so one
                      Microsoft Monopole win32/DirextX
                      Intel x86 monopole (he try to sapotage any Apple M1/M2 forum topic)

he is a true evil person he is in favor of all evilness he is anti-freedom he is anti-opensource and anti competition...

and now that AMD cpus win in every benchmark agaist intel his brain goes nuts...

i am sure RDNA3 will damange his brain so much that he become handycapped...

and Valve deck is so successful that the Microsoft monopole is already doomed.

means the complete worldview of birdie is going down.
                      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                      X