AMD Ryzen 9 7950X "Zen 4" Rocks On Intel's Clear Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'M OVERLY ANGRY FOR NO REASON!!!

They're just CPUs guys. There are better things in life to get amped-up about, which do not include companies or their products.

These are cool results and a sign of things moving in the right direction. Note how thanks to Intel's work with Clear, we are seeing a lot more upstream optimizations. We're all getting something out of this. Well, those of us on x86-64 anyway.

Comment

Michael

Typo/Grammar

Page 1

"for x86_64 hardware and just not with Intel platforms." should be "for x86_64 hardware and not just with Intel platforms."

"Clear Linux was running with the Linux 6.0 kernel, GCC 12.2.1 com[o;er." should be "Clear Linux was running with the Linux 6.0 kernel, GCC 12.2.1 compiler."

Comment

And I'm so happy I don't see Volta's posts. Nothing of any value comes out of his mouth. Unabated hatred and insults throughout his entire history here on Phoronix.

Comment

To be honest i have to agree a little. AMD has the most insane fanboys. Intel literally gave you by far better Linux support for way longer then AMD ever did, but i don't see a single dedicated Intel fanboy around.

Der8auer also made video about it like that:
          - He made video doing something wierd to Nvidia, Nvidia didn't like that video. He does criticize nvidia for some stuff, fans don't go after him.
          - He makes video of something like BCLK overclocking, and few other stuff, Intel didn't like video, none of Intel fanboys go after him (they literally doesn't exist),
          - He makes video criticizing something in AMD all the fans flock over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

Okay, Volta. You need help, too. Calm down. "Nfuckdia" is also really immature, console war stuff.
            It's not only mature, but smartest people on Earth consider the same - famous Linus' middle finger.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              And I'm so happy I don't see Volta's posts. Nothing of any value comes out of his mouth. Unabated hatred and insults throughout his entire history here on Phoronix.
              You're always hiding your head, because it's an only thing you can do. Furthermore, you're a liar, because you always know what I write. Birdie - a hypocrite of decade.

Comment

You just had an argument with him, you're trying to continue the argument, and the pot is calling the kettle black.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

It's not only mature, but smartest people on Earth consider the same - famous Linus' middle finger.
                  Stop. Don't say your mature. Show it.

Comment

God, sometimes when I read what fans write I have a strong gag reflex, I feel like I'm about to vomit.
                    Yeah, you only breathe fire. It burns threads down to flames.

Maybe you should drink some cold water.
                    Last edited by tildearrow; 14 October 2022, 03:21 PM.

Comment

will all 7000 cpus have avx 512? or only desktop version? or maybe just the high end of the 7000?

Comment

Working...
                      X