LoongArch EFI Boot, Prep For EFI Confidential Compute Arrive For Linux 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoongArch EFI Boot, Prep For EFI Confidential Compute Arrive For Linux 6.1

Phoronix: LoongArch EFI Boot, Prep For EFI Confidential Compute Arrive For Linux 6.1

A big chunk of new EFI feature code was merged for Linux 6.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Typo/grammar

"was quite limited and functionality" should be "was quite limited in functionality"

n.b. Many articles have lots of missing commas. I suggest an online grammar check like this (no affiliation). It finds missing commas and most of the typos. https://quillbot.com/grammar-check

Comment

Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
      Michael

Typo/grammar

"was quite limited and functionality" should be "was quite limited in functionality"

n.b. Many articles have lots of missing commas. I suggest an online grammar check like this (no affiliation). It finds missing commas and most of the typos. https://quillbot.com/grammar-check
      I'm not sure if I trust something made with corn in Illinois

There's also LanguageTool. It's open source, runs on Linux, and has plugins for Libre/Open Office and Firefox in additon to Chrome and MS Word. It also has premium options, but I think their Teams plans are too damn expensive for what they offer. Going from one to two people, for example, saves a whopping 52 cents a month.

Comment

Quillbot can also basically be used to copy other's work without bothering to paraphrase or understand it yourself - tools like that are probably a big source of rubbishy duplicated content pages and plagiarism.

That said, this kind of thing seems like a good and perfectly ethical use for a tool like that.
        Last edited by hamishmb; 10 October 2022, 06:36 AM. Reason: Mistype: Replaced has with can in the first sentence

Comment

Originally posted by hamishmb View Post
          Quillbot can also basically be used to copy other's work without bothering to paraphrase or understand it yourself - tools like that are probably a big source of rubbishy duplicated content pages and plagiarism.

That said, this kind of thing seems like a good and perfectly ethical use for a tool like that.
          Plagiarism is a problem with any advanced grammar tool or AI editing assistant and the only thing that can actually stop that is the end-user choosing to make ethical decisions. Michael, however, writes original content so there really aren't any ethical concerns to be had for him using any kind of writing assistant.

Comment

Oh yeah, of course there are no issues for Michael, he has rock-solid credibility, ethics, and work ethic IMO.

Plagiarism detection tools and people need to improve to counteract AIs really, I think. Will probably never be perfect, but there's room for improvement I think.

Comment

Working...
            X