Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 7 7700X Linux Performance

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X Linux Performance

Earlier this week I published my AMD Ryzen 9 7900X and Ryzen 9 7950X Linux review as well as an extensive Zen 4 AVX-512 analysis and Linux gaming performance tests. Since then I have received the Ryzen 7 7700X from AMD for Linux testing and out today are those initial Linux benchmarks. The AMD Ryzen 7 7700X is available in-stock at $399 USD from Internet retailers and is an 8-core / 16-thread processor with a maximum boost clock speed of 5.4GHz.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how compiler detect -march=native in case of Zen 4. Does it assume Zen 3 or performs generic compilation?

Comment

At $399 USD the AMD Ryzen 7 7700X is a nice mid-range desktop processor
      Worth pointing out that in Europe AMD has abandoned the usual 1USD-1EUR conversion in MSRP and that the European MSRP on the 7700X is 480€. Clearly for the understandable reason of the euro taking a big hit due to Russia's energy war in response to sanctions and aid to Ukraine, but still quite annoying for someone like me who plans to buy one and who also happens to be something of a miser.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

Worth pointing out that in Europe AMD has abandoned the usual 1USD-1EUR conversion in MSRP and that the European MSRP on the 7700X is 480€. Clearly for the understandable reason of the euro taking a big hit due to Russia's energy war in response to sanctions and aid to Ukraine, but still quite annoying for someone like me who plans to buy one and who also happens to be something of a miser.
        Might sound like off topic nitpicking, but I think it's important to be clear (to fight back against Russian disinformation campaigns). Russian manipulation of the energy market is in fact NOT a response to either sanctions or aid to Ukraine which should be obvious when you think about the fact that the Kremlin started manipulating the energy market at least six months prior to the February 2022 invasion. Hence it was a unilateral aggression committed by the Kremlin to destabilize the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Might sound like off topic nitpicking, but I think it's important to be clear (to fight back against Russian disinformation campaigns). Russian manipulation of the energy market is in fact NOT a response to either sanctions or aid to Ukraine which should be obvious when you think about the fact that the Kremlin started manipulating the energy market at least six months prior to the February 2022 invasion. Hence it was a unilateral aggression committed by the Kremlin to destabilize the EU.
          This is not the place for it, in large part because there is so much involved in getting a coherent picture of the situation that a forum isn't the place to do it period. For example, did Russia start 6 months before as a warning to the West to back off. If we continue down each of the rabbit holes, you need a whole separate forum to contain all the information.

Comment

Dat 3950x looks yummy for 250$

Comment

Michael hi and where stay temperature results (liquid and air cooling will be good) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
                Russia's long been employing the same kinds of tactics as OPEC does (read: supply side constraints) for the same reasons (read: foreign policy goals) and it's never lead to something this extreme. However until now we've never seen them employ something as extreme as OPEC's "energy weapon" against the west following the Yom Kippur war and the west's support for Israel in that conflict. The fact that they've done something far more limited in scope before doesn't mean this has nothing to do with the sanctions over Ukraine.

Don't get me wrong; I have no love for the horrendous things Russia has done and is doing right now in Ukraine. Living in a country equally on Putin's doorstep (Finland) I'm genuinely concerned for what Russia will do once the situation in Ukraine has been calmed down one way or the other. Hell, if it wasn't for the consequences I'd advocate for lobbing a tactical nuclear bomb into the men's room at the Kremlin.

Comment

cool. a thread about the 7700x performance gets turned into a russia vs the west argument fest thread.

Comment

When is AMD going to add more cores? I think the 700X always had 8 cores. Isn't it time to switch to 10/12?

Comment

Working...
                    X