X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by carewolf View Post

True, but it remains to see if any of those happens in any of our regular benchmarks. That would be interesting to see.
    I can't see how it would, all benchmarks Michael runs should prevent the cpu from going to a deep c state ever during the run, not even the filesystem benches should do that. Still needs to be run of course, but people are putting way too much attention to it, there is a reason it wasn't found until now and that is because it doesn't impact 99% of the loads.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

People are putting way too much hope into that patch. The problem it fixes will only appear in very extremely special circumstances.
    True, but it remains to see if any of those happens in any of our regular benchmarks. That would be interesting to see.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by V1tol View Post
    I wonder if this test env had this patch applied.
    People are putting way too much hope into that patch. The problem it fixes will only appear in very extremely special circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• JEBjames
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Not really, for some workloads depending upon configuration with NUMA configuration can lead to lower performance than 1P.
    I new some workloads were slower...still shocking to see almost half the performance with 2x the CPU power.

Great benchmark. Hopefully, at least for PostgreSQL, someone will dig under the hood. Clearly an opportunity to optimize something there.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
    Michael

Interesting benchmarks.

Really weird results? The oneDNN, PostgreSQL and Apache Cassandra results were much worse on the dual-processor systems?

Also typo? "with the consumer Ryzen 7 6800X3D" should be 5800X3D?
    Thanks.

Not really, for some workloads depending upon configuration with NUMA configuration can lead to lower performance than 1P.

Leave a comment:

• JEBjames
    replied
    Michael

Interesting benchmarks.

Really weird results? The oneDNN, PostgreSQL and Apache Cassandra results were much worse on the dual-processor systems?

Also typo? "with the consumer Ryzen 7 6800X3D" should be 5800X3D?

Leave a comment:

• S.Pam
    replied
    Id love some gaming benchmarks and compare those against 7950x and the latest Intel ones .

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by V1tol View Post
    No, this testing was done earlier in the month and that patch only came out last week / mainlined Monday.

Leave a comment:

• V1tol
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rhysperry111
    replied
    Would be cool to see some general (GPU + CPU) benchmarks at the end of the year for newer hardware comparing all the changes that have happened in both userspace and kernel since the start of the year (I'm looking at you, MGLRU and mesa's current optimisation spree)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X