Intel Announces 13th Gen "Raptor Lake" - Linux Benchmarks To Come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

Yes, from him. Do you care to explain why I should stop to listen to him? His Intel contacts have been pretty solid in the past, otherwise I would not have lost faith on such rumors alone.
    He's got absolute most of his stuff wrong. He deletes his previous videos and tweets. Oftentimes he just makes stuff up to get views on youtube. AFAIK he's been banned from r/NVIDIA and r/AMD. Kinda says a lot how the largest communities treat his "revelations".

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post

That depends on whether or not the reviewer used multi-core enhancement which increased the 10900K performance by 22% in multi-core performance.
      Hu? Is it unlimited PL1/2? Yeah a regular 10900k only gets 11000 Geekbench points. But than again looking at the multi core ranking https://browser.geekbench.com/processor-benchmarks 64 core epic 7702P looses to 18 core i9-9980XE. Not realistic.

As already stated GeekBench isn’t biased and it’s one of the most realistic since it runs real world workloads.
      What workloads are they running, they are super vague on their website? At phoronix the programms are known and can be considered real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
        Hu? Is it unlimited PL1/2? Yeah a regular 10900k only gets 11000 Geekbench points. But than again looking at the multi core ranking https://browser.geekbench.com/processor-benchmarks 64 core epic 7702P looses to 18 core i9-9980XE. Not realistic.

What workloads are they running, they are super vague on their website? At phoronix the programms are known and can be considered real world.
        That’s a Windows license related issue, you’re right they should update that page with proper results. Only certain versions of Windows support that many threads for example Windows Pro for Workstation. If you notice the Windows results are running operating systems that can’t support that many cores.

proper Linux result:

Benchmark results for a Supermicro AS -1014S-WTRT with an AMD EPYC 7702P processor.

just scroll to the bottom and you’ll see the workloads.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

He's got absolute most of his stuff wrong. He deletes his previous videos and tweets. Oftentimes he just makes stuff up to get views on youtube. AFAIK he's been banned from r/NVIDIA and r/AMD. Kinda says a lot how the largest communities treat his "revelations".
          Well, that's easy to explain as the fanboys hate him for his in-your-face-attitude with his stories. I don't mind his ego most of the time, even though I don't share all of his opinions. He certainly provides a lot of food for thought, that's why I follow his channel for a long time now. His Intel contacts would put their credibility on the line if this story turned out to be false and he has been more hesitant lately with release dates or other hard facts as things haven't played out as they told him. His reputation is at stake here, too, as that video made quite a few headlines. I cannot rule out that he gets played by one or several factions inside Intel, maybe they want to discredit him alltogether, I don't know. But that story fits perfectly into the bigger picture of the bean-counter attitude at Intel (killing all the tech enthusiasm with it). So Intel's management is under pressure here to show some willingness to support Arc and thinking beyond the next quarter's earnings release. GPUs will stay relevant and Intel needs to double down on their efforts to be successful there.
          Last edited by ms178; 27 September 2022, 05:04 PM.

Comment

It's been reported that one meaning of that slide is... everything not on the slide is not Raptor Lake. If this is true, everything labeled '13000' from the 13600 (non-K) on down will in fact be Alder Lake. I hope reviewers catch that, because the average customer would have no idea they aren't actually getting the latest tech.

Comment

Originally posted by tunnelblick View Post
              I hope they offer better power consumption than AMD.
              Uneducated claptrap, a 7950x running at 65W handily beats an i9-12900 at 241W

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022...ut-impressive/

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

Uneducated claptrap, a 7950x running at 65W handily beats an i9-12900 at 241W

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022...ut-impressive/

this is hilarious stupid comparison. 65W TDP with package power of 90W during handbrake, and 241W PL2 max power draw with 210W TDP. And during one single workload handbrake. Not to mention x264 doesn't like scalling beyond 8 threads (and output beyond 16 threads is garbage)

Comment

Originally posted by Teggs View Post
                  It's been reported that one meaning of that slide is... everything not on the slide is not Raptor Lake. If this is true, everything labeled '13000' from the 13600 (non-K) on down will in fact be Alder Lake. I hope reviewers catch that, because the average customer would have no idea they aren't actually getting the latest tech.
                  Everything not on the slide hasn’t been announced yet. When Intel announced Alder Lake they also only announced the 12900K/KF, 12700K/KF, and 12600K/KF. no clue where you got this ridiculous rumor from. It wasn’t until three months later until they announced the rest of their desktop lineup.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/17162...w-laptoph-cpus

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                    Arc 770 launch? Interesting, yes. Much more interesting? ...we'll see. I feel like a lot of the interest around Arc died down when the first real benchmarks came to light.
                    The first benchmarks were from the lower tier of the cards IIRC?
                    Intel said in a Digital Foundry video they are in for the long run and they know they still have a lot of work to do, especially when it comes to the driver side of things.
                    In general we should at least be happy that there's another one now in the GPU market that can drive some competition.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Rumors from MLID? Would be great if people stopped listening to the guy.
                      I agree. The most useless tech youtuber. But you have to remember 99% of the people watching him (and many others like him) are clueless gamers, not tech industry professionals, so.... He has has been so wrong so many times it is not even funny, he has no real insider info, he is just browsing for rumors and then parrots them from his house as facts....

Comment

Working...
                      X