Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Announces 13th Gen "Raptor Lake" - Linux Benchmarks To Come

Phoronix: Intel Announces 13th Gen "Raptor Lake" - Linux Benchmarks To Come

Monday saw the AMD Ryzen 7000 series review embargo lift and retail availability beginning today for those Zen 4 desktop CPUs. Intel meanwhile is using today -- the first day of their second annual Innovation event in San Jose -- to announce 13th Gen Core "Raptor Lake" processors for aiming to take AMD's Zen 4 head-on...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That sudden drop in price for the top of the line, suggests it will not de-throne AMD's similar offering. So is time again to do what AMD had done in the past and use price to be competitive.

Comment

I hope they offer better power consumption than AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        That sudden drop in price for the top of the line, suggests it will not de-throne AMD's similar offering. So is time again to do what AMD had done in the past and use price to be competitive.
        Doing simple math it would outperform AMD’s current offerings but clearly use more power. Synthetic benchmark leaks like GeekBench 5 already show the 13900K outperforming the 7950X. The 13700K will definitely outperform the 7700X since it has more cores while the same amount of P cores.

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
          Synthetic benchmark leaks like GeekBench 5 already show the 13900K outperforming the 7950X.
          Geekbench regularly showed Intel on top while in reality that wasn't always the case, so I wouldn't interpret to much into that. We'll see soon.

Edit: at least in gaming 13000 will be better because 7000 hardly beats the 12000 series.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
            Geekbench regularly showed Intel on top while in reality that wasn't always the case, so I wouldn't interpret to much into that. We'll see soon.
            Regularly? No not at all, when AMD had the core/thread advantage AMD’s CPUs were ahead in multi-core performance in GeekBench. Intel had the single core performance up until Zen 3 which had the IPC lead up until Alder Lake.

Comment

//DEL
              Last edited by openminded; 29 September 2022, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Are raptorlake processors compatible with current chipsets , for example z690?

Comment

For example Geekbench multi thread showed 7% plus for ryzen 9 3950x over i9 10900k, while in reality it was 20 % or more:
                  AMD Ryzen 9 3950X vs Intel Core i9-10900K for gaming and streaming benchmark performance compare, specs difference.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

There's a much more interesting announcement: https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-an...s-october-12th

Comment

Working...
                    X