Linux 6.0 Merges The AMD Performance Fix For The Old "Dummy Wait" Workaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I saw ...
    But on my Ryzen 7 pro 5850U, 5.19.12 changed significativly the whole behaviour. I just can't wait to test it on my 5950x at home after leaving office.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepl View Post

I strongly struggle to believe Windows 7 runs better than AntiX
      I compared them on Intel U7300 1.3GHz ultramobile CPU -- Win7 32-bit is noticeably snappier in desktop use.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post

I compared them on Intel U7300 1.3GHz ultramobile CPU -- Win7 32-bit is noticeably snappier in desktop use.
        maybe it's the animations or the graphics card. It shouldn't be in theory, AntiX is significantly lighter...

Comment

maybe it's the animations or the graphics card. It shouldn't be in theory, AntiX is significantly lighter...
          The most difference I noticed was when using the browser, so it's not exactly related to the distro.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post

The most difference I noticed was when using the browser, so it's not exactly related to the distro.
            same browser version?

Comment

same browser version?
              Yes, the same.

Comment

Should be possibile to backport this patch to older LTS kernels such the most recent 5.15?​

Comment

yes, hello , my computer runs windows 7 + ubuntu (zen3) and i have to admit , that windows 7 is quicker.
                  but i still prefer linux, notwithstanding.

only, the newer Linux seems a bit slow, to be fair. Benchmarks seems to suggest otherwise, but my guts dont agree.

To be honest, if such a AMD fix exist, it should be incorporated into Ubuntu 22.04 LTS asap, now running 5.19, that should be not so difficult, or am i wrong?

Comment

Working...
                  X