Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.0 Merges The AMD Performance Fix For The Old "Dummy Wait" Workaround

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    That's what I saw ...
    But on my Ryzen 7 pro 5850U, 5.19.12 changed significativly the whole behaviour. I just can't wait to test it on my 5950x at home after leaving office.

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by jorgepl View Post

      I strongly struggle to believe Windows 7 runs better than AntiX
      I compared them on Intel U7300 1.3GHz ultramobile CPU -- Win7 32-bit is noticeably snappier in desktop use.

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by Sin2x View Post

        I compared them on Intel U7300 1.3GHz ultramobile CPU -- Win7 32-bit is noticeably snappier in desktop use.
        maybe it's the animations or the graphics card. It shouldn't be in theory, AntiX is significantly lighter...

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by jorgepl View Post

          maybe it's the animations or the graphics card. It shouldn't be in theory, AntiX is significantly lighter...
          The most difference I noticed was when using the browser, so it's not exactly related to the distro.

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by Sin2x View Post

            The most difference I noticed was when using the browser, so it's not exactly related to the distro.
            same browser version?

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by jorgepl View Post

              same browser version?
              Yes, the same.

              Comment


              • #47
                Should be possibile to backport this patch to older LTS kernels such the most recent 5.15?‚Äč

                Comment


                • #48
                  yes, hello , my computer runs windows 7 + ubuntu (zen3) and i have to admit , that windows 7 is quicker.
                  but i still prefer linux, notwithstanding.

                  only, the newer Linux seems a bit slow, to be fair. Benchmarks seems to suggest otherwise, but my guts dont agree.


                  To be honest, if such a AMD fix exist, it should be incorporated into Ubuntu 22.04 LTS asap, now running 5.19, that should be not so difficult, or am i wrong?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X