Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X / 7950X Linux Gaming Performance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMD Ryzen 9 7900X / 7950X Linux Gaming Performance

    Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X / 7950X Linux Gaming Performance

    Today the review embargo expires on the AMD Ryzen 7000 series desktop processors ahead of their retail availability this week. Over the past two weeks I have been testing the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X and 7950X processors as the initial review samples (I should be receiving the Ryzen 5 7600X and Ryzen 7 7700X CPUs this week, AMD is staggering their review seeding of the different models). In this article to get things started are my initial Linux gaming benchmarks with the Ryzen 9 7900X/7950X compared to an assortment of other AMD and Intel systems.

    https://www.phoronix.com/review/ryze...-series-gaming

  • #2
    Thx for this great Benchmarks! Interessting that in some cases 5800X3D is still leading.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      Thx for this great Benchmarks! Interessting that in some cases 5800X3D is still leading.
      Jepp, a little foreshadow of whats to come with 7000X3D.

      Overall I expected a little more, Intels 13000 will probably be a little bit faster in gaming. We'll see.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for an iGPU AMD -- VFIO Users

        Comment


        • #5
          How does the iGPU compare with the ones like uhd730 and vega7 of the previous gen?

          Comment


          • #6
            More cache covers an entire generational leap.
            It probably tells us something about how fat our "desktop" applications and gaming data sets have become.
            Also, looking forward to 7000-series with some monster cache sizes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Michael

              These two sentences on page one are redundant. Perhaps remove one of them?

              "The AMD Ryzen 7000 series iGPUs are not intended for gaming. The RDNA2 iGPUs are mainly for driving a basic desktop display, web browsing, office tasks, and other common thin-client use-cases. The iGPUs with the Ryzen 7000 series desktop GPUs are not really intended for gaming.‚Äč "

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by otoomet View Post
                How does the iGPU compare with the ones like uhd730 and vega7 of the previous gen?
                Ars Technica found it to be faster than the UHD 770 in a couple games, slower in synthetics (barely). So the UHD 730 will probably lose against it. Vega 7 should be much faster. More testing needed.

                https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022...pressive/5/#h2

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
                  More cache covers an entire generational leap.
                  It probably tells us something about how fat our "desktop" applications and gaming data sets have become.
                  Don't forget that Ryzen 7000 also jumped to DDR5! So, it's not only a CPU generation newer, but also much more memory bandwidth and twice as many channels.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jaxa View Post

                    Ars Technica found it to be faster than the UHD 770 in a couple games, slower in synthetics (barely). So the UHD 730 will probably lose against it. Vega 7 should be much faster. More testing needed.

                    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022...pressive/5/#h2
                    Thanks. I do not see much need for more testing then--it is basically UHD770 and good enough for what I am concerned --- multiple high res screens, smooth scrolling, video playback and such. FPS is of little concern.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X