Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hamishmb
    replied
    So performance per watt is now very similar across both CPUs on the average, which is interesting. Still a bit worse on the Intel chip, but not by a huge amount.

Leave a comment:

• Linuxxx
    replied
    Thanks alot for running both CPUs with the performance governor, Michael!

Also, this is interesting:

When running these gaming tests, the Ryzen 9 5950X was on average consuming more power now than the Core i9 12900K but that Alder Lake CPU did still carry a higher peak power consumption.
    Really proves once more how efficient the performance governor really is, even on these high TDP processors (both AMD & Intel).

But now I just can't help but wonder how efficient that governor can be on low-power SoCs like the Van Gogh APU inside the Steam Deck...

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied
    Efficiency has a new meaning these days.
    Parts of Europe are easily hoovering around $0.5 per kWh on average.

Leave a comment:

• JEBjames
    replied
    Michael

typo page 4:

"to perform better whike​" should be "to perform better while​"

grammar/typo page 7:

"across this wide span of benchmarks and many covering many different workloads." should perhaps be "across this wide span of benchmarks and covering many different workloads." (no double many).

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Intel Core i9 12900K vs. AMD Ryzen 9 5950X On Linux 6.0

Intel Core i9 12900K vs. AMD Ryzen 9 5950X On Linux 6.0

Phoronix: Intel Core i9 12900K vs. AMD Ryzen 9 5950X On Linux 6.0

Ahead of Intel Raptor Lake and AMD Zen 4, it's a lot of fresh CPU re-testing at Phoronix under Linux with the bleeding-edge software stack of the latest Linux kernel as well as many new/updated benchmarks, the latest motherboard BIOSes, and more. As over the past year there has been a lot of work by Intel open-source engineers around better tuning the Linux kernel for their hybrid architecture, here are some fresh side-by-side benchmarks of the Intel Core i9 12900K against the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X.

https://www.phoronix.com/review/linux60-5950x-12900k
Working...
X