Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEX-Emu 2206 Released For Enjoying x86/x86_64 Apps & Games On Arm

Phoronix: FEX-Emu 2206 Released For Enjoying x86/x86_64 Apps & Games On Arm

FEX-Emu 2206 has been released as the newest version of this user-space, open-source software for being able to run x86/x86_64 applications and games on AArch64 (Arm) hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if there's any chance of Rosetta 2 running in linux? Not natively obviously, but with some kind of OS-to-OS translation like WINE.

My impression of FEX is that its still not close to Apple's performance, and that it might not ever be without Apple's unique ARM extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by brucethemoose View Post
      My impression of FEX is that its still not close to Apple's performance, and that it might not ever be without Apple's unique ARM extensions.
      Not FEX, and a few months old now, but https://box86.org/2022/03/box86-box6...x-vs-rosetta2/ shows that the speed of the similar box64 is not too bad.

7zip is 71% of native speed with Rosetta 2, and 57% with box64.

Comment

It would be nice to have something similar for power9
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
        X