Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.19 ARM Excites With Apple M1 NVMe, 12 Year Old Multi-Platform Achievement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.19 ARM Excites With Apple M1 NVMe, 12 Year Old Multi-Platform Achievement

Phoronix: Linux 5.19 ARM Excites With Apple M1 NVMe, 12 Year Old Multi-Platform Achievement

The various ARM SoC and machine/platform updates have landed in the Linux 5.19 kernel with a number of notable additions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And I kick back with a coffee to reflect on how long this code will be around before distributions like Fedora and Ubuntu deprecate and then remove it from their build systems...assuming they even support it in the first place.

Disclosure: I have not used Fedora or Ubuntu in 10 years or more, but I find their distribution plans to be very entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
      And I kick back with a coffee to reflect on how long this code will be around before distributions like Fedora and Ubuntu deprecate and then remove it from their build systems...assuming they even support it in the first place.

Disclosure: I have not used Fedora or Ubuntu in 10 years or more, but I find their distribution plans to be very entertaining.
      Did you even read the article? None of the affected platforms were ever supported by either of those distributions.

Comment

Working...
      X