Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNY XLR8 Gaming REV 2x8GB DDR4-3600 Memory

Phoronix: PNY XLR8 Gaming REV 2x8GB DDR4-3600 Memory

PNY recently sent over their new XLR8 Gaming REV 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600MHz memory that only lists compatibility with Microsoft Windows 11 and older, but fear not, it does work fine for Linux gamers and others looking for DDR4-3600 memory with RGB lighting and running well with the latest Intel and AMD processors.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So, it's just another case of company ignoring Linux, but then how come they don't ignore it when they have to sell Quadro cards?

Also, when will they stop with this "gaming" RGB stuff already? It's not like I am going to stare at my case all the time...

Comment

Decent value. Of course for me, I'd go for those aggressive G.Skill timings, or go for the Crucial kit which is doing well... or their equivalents from other manufacturers.

Comment

It's always nice when a company considers it worthwhile to have visibility to Linux users. I would suggest to PNY that if they want to take another step, they help the open source RGB hackers with their products. Then they can advertise Linux support as well.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
          Decent value. Of course for me, I'd go for those aggressive G.Skill timings, or go for the Crucial kit which is doing well... or their equivalents from other manufacturers.
          I'm very pleased by the quality of crucial RAM. Nice performance and oc-bility whilst remaining stable. Micron E Die.

On the other hand I'm still missing the nostalgic infineon era.

Besides I really can't grasp the beauty of RGB. Albeit I have swapped the floppy and CD drive LEDs with the first blue LEDs appearing on the market in my youth. But well...still can't stand those RGB distractors

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

I'm very pleased by the quality of crucial RAM. Nice performance and oc-bility whilst remaining stable. Micron E Die.

On the other hand I'm still missing the nostalgic infineon era.

Besides I really can't grasp the beauty of RGB. Albeit I have swapped the floppy and CD drive LEDs with the first blue LEDs appearing on the market in my youth. But well...still can't stand those RGB distractors
            My biggest issue with the RGB stuff is not being able to turn it off. It's the one thing I don't like about the Logitech G Pro mice... they don't have memory so they reset to the default rainbow cycle until they are reset by userspace software.

Comment

Working...
            X