Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryao
    replied
    It occurs to me that it should be easy to have "Best-In-Class Performance" when they are the only one in that class.

Leave a comment:

• lyamc
    replied
    Originally posted by willmore View Post
    Who owns MIPS these days? Does anyone trust them enough to do business with them?
    People do business with Oracle, Apple and Nvidia and they're the worst, so...

Leave a comment:

• willmore
    replied
    Originally posted by igxqrrl View Post
    RISC-V desperately needs a sub-$100 SBC that can capture some mind-share. It needn't be fast, but it needs to run Linux. The hobbyist market right now is completely ceded to the Raspberry Pi.
    At this point, I'd settle for *any* sub $100 SBC.

Leave a comment:

• igxqrrl
    replied
    RISC-V desperately needs a sub-$100 SBC that can capture some mind-share. It needn't be fast, but it needs to run Linux. The hobbyist market right now is completely ceded to the Raspberry Pi.

Leave a comment:

• willmore
    replied
    Who owns MIPS these days? Does anyone trust them enough to do business with them?

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    This looks to be a big game changer for the Risc-V adoption, nice!

Leave a comment:

• MIPS Claims "Best-In-Class Performance" With New RISC-V eVocore CPUs

Phoronix: MIPS Claims "Best-In-Class Performance" With New RISC-V eVocore CPUs

MIPS Tech is no longer working on their MIPS CPU instruction set architecture but has been taking on RISC-V based designs. Today the company made the bold announcement for their new eVocore P8700 and I8500 multiprocessor IP cores that they offer "Best-In-Class Performance and Scalability."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X