No announcement yet.

How To Use The New AMD P-State Driver With Linux 5.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone got ACPI CPPC enabled on ASUS PRIME?

Comment

Originally posted by Desti View Post
      Has anyone got ACPI CPPC enabled on ASUS PRIME?
      There are so many boards of this name. Asus PRIME B650-PLUS with BIOS 0805 and 0809 enables CPPC by default.​

Comment

B450M-A option is activated in BIOS, but not reported by kernel. I wonder if this requiriere UEFI boot like resizeBAR.

Comment

None of the commands in this article work anymore with Kernel 6.1-6.2rc7. The module isn't even there and yes it was enabled at compile time.

Comment

Sometimes, if a new feature enters the kernel, the usage of the feature is changed (or improved) during the next releases. This is the case here, too. Just adding amd_pstate=passive to the boot parameter worked for my 6.1 kernel. For example in Ubuntu, this can be achieved by changing the variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub .
            Last edited by svenh; 13 February 2023, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by svenh View Post
              Sometimes, if a new feature enters the kernel, the usage of the feature is changed (or improved) during the next releases. This is the case here, too. Just adding amd_pstate=passive to the boot parameter worked for my 6.1 kernel. For example in Ubuntu, this can be achieved by changing the variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub .
              thank you. i had no clue that they change the way to make it work. i've tried everything and thought that my laptop does not support it. but now with your help it finally works

Comment

Working...
              X