Linux 5.18 Scheduler Updates Improve NUMA Balancing For AMD EPYC Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.18 Scheduler Updates Improve NUMA Balancing For AMD EPYC Servers

Phoronix: Linux 5.18 Scheduler Updates Improve NUMA Balancing For AMD EPYC Servers

Ingo Molnar has begun sending out the pull requests for the code he oversees in the kernel for the newly-opened Linux 5.18 merge window. The scheduler updates this cycle are rather notable especially for AMD Linux server users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

DAMN! If those numbers are legit, 2023 is going to be a great year for Linux. I think it'll take at least that long for these changes to vet and be in solid production environments. I thought that all those NUMA and io_uring improvements that I'd read about in these past months were going to be quick, short-term wins. This shows there's still more perf to be squeezed out of Linux by some really smart folks. Great news.

Comment

This is near perfectly timed with the release of the Milan-X series CPUs. It's exactly the kind of optimization needed to let them shine.

Comment

Working...
      X