OpenBLAS Deciding Whether To Drop Support For Russia's Elbrus CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
    Yes, it was Ukrainians of ethnic Russian communities that were mass murdered in Bucha.
    And yes the nazis did it,
    That's not true at all. They were murdered in Russian-occupied areas, and the corpses were already old by the time the Russians withdrew. There's basically no way it could've been anyone besides the Russian military.

But Russian state media would never admit that. Can you imagine such a thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by leipero View Post
      it's much easier to have delusions in it, especially with "social networks" and platforms. While things you've mentioned probably do matter as well, I think "mass delusion" is so much easier with "(anti)-social networks".
      For all their ills and problems, one of the few good things about social media is how they give ordinary people the ability to share their situation with the world. Perhaps not coincidentally, Russia "cancelled" the big ones.

BTW, one thing I wish for you is that Russia doesn't succeed in using Serbia as a pawn in its power games. War is never a good thing. Don't forget that.

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
        It's no, though. If you want to fight Russophobia, then go find a project unrelated to the Russian military that's being "cancelled" and stand up for it.
        I consider myself a good person, and I can't stand injustice.. not only Russophobia.
        Elbrus is not related to the military, instead it is Russia efforts to be technology independent.
        And openBlas is also not a Military project, I don't understand why you are assuming they are Military projects..

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Either you're picking the wrong hill to stand on, in order to wage your war, or you're waging the wrong war while standing on this one. Either way, your point aligns poorly with the facts of the case.
        What "facts" are you talking about?
        the fact that someone is targeting Russians because they are developing they own CPU...well the US has lots of archs, why openBlas don't drop them too?
        After all the West are sending tones of weapons for the nazis to mass genocide the other half of the country, so why openBlas doesn't cancel West archs support?
        right, because its a racist thing against the Russian speaking population, and its toxic for open-source.

The Reality is that the West Ukrainians are mass killing the Eastern Ukrainians for 8 long years, and nobody seems to give a fck about that.
        On the contrary there are people that are in favour of sending more weapons so that they can kill more in the same amount of time..disgusting.

The collective West is all for "War is Business, and Business is good!", and they are sending 2 trillions or more to Ukraine in weapons, but the Ukrainians will have to pay for them and at 5 years, they will pay 300%..its disgusting!

In the meantime is Russia that is feeding the Ukrainians till now with more than 11000 tones of food, because they don't even have food!
        get your facts right, what is being proposed for openBlas is injustice.

Comment

But not originally or only those uses.
          Originally computers were only used in the military, and its not only a Soviet Union thing, the same thing happened in the West.
          But that was long time ago.

Now Since Edward Snowden, Russia wants to have independence, and is developing Elbrus, since 2014.
          China is doing the same, India is doing the same, Even EU is doing the same, with the European Processor Initiative

Now, this doesn't mean they are used in Weapons, because those are primarily being created for Commercial/Academic/Scientific use( weapons hardware its a different thing.. ).

Military hardware, are protected, they need to be Rad Resistant,high temperatures ranges, they have a lot of factors on them that their production cycles are closed, from the public.
          And usually that hardware is produced in house( all conglomerate companies that work for the military ).. its secret stuff.

Moreover Elbrus doesn't feet the Idea of a Embedded device for weapons, Elbrus is big, consumes a lot of power, is not Rad Resistant, and so on!
          Its not even a embedded arch..

Clearly there are people that don't understand that... you can't just put a commercial processor in a missile!
          The assumption that you can/should, is silly and dangerous from the start.
          By the way, go ask your military if they use commercial CPUs in missiles or so,
          Spoiler Alert, they can't, because they want a secure/reliable missile!

Those High-tech missiles Russia has, use top-notch hardware created specifically to do 'one job and do it well'!
          They are special ASICs, and they are produced in military facilities inside the Russian Military complex industries( its a complete closed production cycle )..
          How do you expect them to achieve maximum precision of a mere meter while travelling at mach10..can't you see that you can't use "civilian bloatware" in it?

Now, with all that being said,
          I believe those that are attacking Elbrus on openBlas support, they are doing it because...its Russian!
          Just like that, Russophobic ideas, and that way of thinking is toxic..

Because otherwise,
          If they would like to have "some moral grounds", they would have to drop x86/ARM, others too, including Chinese one, European one, etc( ofcourse in the end they would endup with no arch supported..that's why its a silly and dangerous idea from the beginning.. ).
          Why are they only targeting Elbrus?
          They are trying to persecute something because its Russian made, at least they should tell people the truth, instead of lying!

Comment

That's not true at all. They were murdered in Russian-occupied areas, and the corpses were already old by the time the Russians withdrew. There's basically no way it could've been anyone besides the Russian military.
            You know that's not true..
            Its very well known that only some 4 days after Russian troops withdrew from Bucha , that those bodies started appearing on the streets.
            Its documented!
            More over,
            Those Satellites images showed are FAKE!They were taken in different days, if taken at all.
            Why we know?
            Because there were no Satellites from that company over that zone of Ukraine in the days they said they took those pictures...yes it can be verified!
            They were already refuted,
            Also not even the sun illumination with its shadows in the ground match the days/hours that those pictures were supposedly taken..this is Science, we can´t beat it!!
            Those images can be independently verified by any big Secret Services Agency interested...its Science, you can't hide it...its proven technology.

Also,
            If you look into those bodies, you will see that those bodies have a White Bandage in the arm, yes it means those civilians were fighting for the Russian side!
            In other words they were Ethnic Russians!
            Who do you think killed ethnic Russians?...the Russians?of-course not, it was the nazis!

More evidence,
            Some corpses are in fake positions, they can't have being killed on those positions.. you can look for example the guy in a Bicycle, its body was laid down in that position, otherwise he would not be able to fall in movement from the bicycle on that positions( he was shot dead in a different place )..
            There are tons of evidence..and a real investigation could be done,but no real investigation will be done( because it will expose the nazis )!

Moreover, why Bucha, is all of a sudden very important...
            But 8 years of genocide is not?Genocide in Ukraine started in 2014..that people started to be worried with Human Rights...only in Bucha??? right..

Now, what you can ask is... who benefited from this episode?
            Clearly is not the Russians that are benefiting from it...so who have interests in "painting" that scenario?
            But the answers to that, .. coder .. you already know!!
            I am not saying nothing knew.

Bucha was staged to be used against Russia in the UN Human Rights Council...that's it!
            They killed that people( because for the nazis the ethnic Russians are not human people ) to blame Russia, and make Russia exit the UN HRC...that was the objective!

They murdered people, just to have a political tool..disgusting!
            Here you have the truth..
            But Russian state media would never admit that. Can you imagine such a thing?
            Russia state media, called for a independent investigation
            France called for a independent investigation..because France knows what's going on on the ground..France is part of NATO..
            Russia, for what I understand, provided already their own investigation,
            But they are ready to work in a international group if someone wants..but the thing is..no one wants!!

Why do you think no one wants???
            You know ...there are forensic, and scientific tools to determine with exact results, when that people were shot dead, the positions of the bodies in the ground, and the time frame where those pictures were taken.its Science...you can't fool science!

Comment

Not to mention Kurds, with US support. They're still sitting atop a pile of ISIS prisoners, with almost no help from anyone.
              Well you know that Kurds had the same objective as ISIS at beginning of the war??
              that's right..
              To fight alongside Putin? Yes, we've heard.
              No coder..to fight for the same criminal gang of terrorists, West Ukranians or the nazis...yes ISIS, Alqaeda, etc are in Ukraine free
              Not only terrorists from Syria, but also terrorists from Georgia, mamushvili is the leader of the Georgian Terrorists in Ukraine, by the way..

Just to be clear, the US is not selling weapons to Ukraine. They're a donation for Ukraine's defense.
              No that is not being clear, the US is charging Ukrainians for those weapons
              More over all the American interests in Ukraine are full of blood in their hands, just for money... its already known that Ukraine pay taxes at 5 years, and after 5 years they pay 300%...its better than a gold mine!
              Even the son of US president Biden is involved in sucking the Ukrainian blood, like vampires..

No, or else maybe the US would have pushed France & Germany to accept it into NATO.
              coder, its public that the US wanted to use Ukraine as a NATO country to put its nuclear missiles in Ukraine pointed to Moscow, but Russia will never allow that!
              Russia sent its position to the US, and to NATO about the subject.
              This is public information!

Why do you buy into Putin's victim mindset? He's like the bad boy, acting out in class, and then complaining that his punishment is because the teacher hates him.
              I don't buy nothing, I make my own opinion on things.
              I follow the Ukrainian conflict since 2014, and I know that the US and EU made a violent coup d'etat in Ukraine in 2014, and they tried to even assassinate the Unique president Ukraine had since then till now ( Yanokovych ).
              Eu wanted Ukraine in EU
              US wanted NATO in Ukraine

Poroshenko, and Zelinsky regimes are complete puppet regimes from EU/US..
              It goes to the point that Zelinsky needs to ask the US if he can do peace negotiations with Russia, and in what terms they can be done..its pathetic!

This should never have happened in Europe, if the US respected Europe!!
              Because Russia is deliberately bombing food warehouses. And it's obviously deliberate, when they're bombing one after another.
              No Russia is not Bombing food warehouses.
              The Ukrainian economy cannot support such levels of Borrowed money for weapons...the people have no food!!
              If something sounds too stupid to believe, maybe you shouldn't.
              I believe in what I see only.
              I see Ukrainians lots and lots always around the Russian food trucks to get food to eat,
              I see what they say on TV, they are so broke, that they don't even have bread to eat!!!!
              And the few they have is stolen by the nazis terrorists daily!

On the other hand, their own regime, is buying Trillions of weapons!
              And no, its not because of the war with Russia, because the flocking of weapons in Ukraine started in 2014, but they got a real momentum in the last 6 months of the last year...it was planned in advance!
              Just because they wanted to attack the other half of the country..nazis will never be good people!

Did your Catholic upbringing not teach you the virtues of humility? You know that Jesus hung out with sinners, right? He didn't look down on them as "animals".
              Catholic church asks you to forgive those who commit atrocities..
              But I am against the nazis for what they are doing to Ukrainian people, its simply wrong!
              Also I can't forgive the US/EU for the mess we created in Ukraine..yes we bear the responsibility of it!

Comment

That's not true. For instance, the UK didn't pull RT's broadcasting license until several weeks into the war. And that's because the British don't allow broadcasters owned by a political entity, which RT clearly is. Even so, people in the UK can still access RT content online. If they really wanted to cancel RT, they'd also have blocked its website.
                I don't know about the UK, but for the rest it was closed and they say its closed, even RT says it was blocked in US/UK/EU..i can't access, and majority of people I talk, they can't too.
                As for your point about a "false narrative", you know there are 4.7 million refugees that fled Ukraine, so far?
                Who told you that there are 4.7Million REAL refugees??and since when??
                The truth is that majority of that people is fleeing Ukraine because they want to live in EU, the War is the excuse they were waiting for, Western Ukraine almost didn't saw war!
                And the War that some Saw, its not like the US Wars, it was conducted with precise munitions only on targets, not on civilians.
                Now with that being said,
                Fore sure that there are civilian causalities, and if not, the nazis would "make sure" that Russians are "creating causalities"..it feet the western narrative!

The war is fierce, but is happening in the East,
                And its not for 2 months...its for 8 years, but your Associated Press that you call "journalists" never report about that, only fake news.
                Remember the white helmets in Syria? Associated Press was in bed with them, they are actors in a War movie.

ho wait.. the same White helmets created by UK?...that's right!!
                They're not, but I get that you're just high on the Russian state propaganda. But why is it that the Russians are in such a minority who are saying this? Can you really believe everyone not in Russia's influence is corrupt?
                Yes they are..
                UK/US/EU support the nazis since 2014.
                Weapons, training experts,and so on.
                Or do you think the nazis, are fighting with stones and wood stakes?
                No they are using tactics learn from UK/US/EU, with weapons from them too
                Yes we do support the nazis, it doesn't became more public than what it already is!

Or, in 2014, Putin showed his true nature yet again, by taking over Crimea and sparking the insurrection in Donbas and Luhansk, but the world didn't take him very seriously. And now, in 2022, he's doing what we all knew he was capable of, after watching how Russia waged war in Syria.
                Russia did nothing to Crimea in 2014.
                Crimea was a autonomous region inside Ukraine!
                After the violent coupe d´etat and assassination attempt of the elected president of Ukraine and after the Nazis prohibit the Russian population from speaking their languages, prohibit their culture, etc, Crimea said "Enough is Enough"..
                They made a referendum in Crimea, and after that they approved the referendum in the local Parliament of Crimea, like internation Law says, they declared themselves independent nation.
                After that, they later asked Russia to Accept them in, which Russia did.

So don't come saying that "Putin" this, and "Putin" that... Russia had nothing to do with Crimea..
                Ukraine lost Crimea due to their Nazi dream, were part of the population has the other part as slaves, Crimean people rejected that, using International Law!

Now in relation to Donbass,
                People of Donbass rejected nazism from the beginning,
                They self declared themselves Donetsk People Republics( DPR ), and Luhansk People Republic( LPR ).
                The nazis started to Genocide them, until Russia started to be pissed about such a Crime in the 21century.

That situation lead to the Minsk accords in 2015, and they were signed by Ukraine, that also agreed on them!
                France,Germany and Russia were also countries that were present in the Minsk Agreements..
                The agreement gave DPR and LPR, an autonomous status inside Ukraine, which would permit them to live in peace..at least they thought..

But the Nazis in Kiev failed to implement the Agreements, nazism in Ukraine get each time stronger and they genocided a lot of Donbass people.
                In the meantime,
                Since mid 2014 some Ukrainian Military people, decided to fight against evil( because they could not understand being in the army...and seeing the army killing innocent people ), and they created the DPR/LPR Militias.
                Also at same time, as the story was known worldwide a lot of people from around the world started to pack their bags, and donbass here we go!
                They joined donbass militias against the nazis.
                Yes people from for example US, France, Spain, Italy and a lot of other countries...
                They are not fighting for money, donbass as none, they fight for what is right, for the true Autodetermination right of any Population!
                Its very heroic/noble what they are doing!!

Now Ukraine continued to kill them, and they found another plan...yes get support from the US or EU, so military adviser for the nazis arrived in Ukraine from UK/US, and weapons were provided since then..
                Ukraine had prepared a full attack on donbass in March 2022, but Russia intervened!
                Russia recognized donbass republics the same way NATO did with KOSOVO.

So if you say that Donbass can't be legal?, then you have to admit also that Kosovo by NATO is not a legal country and so it is part of Serbia!
                Last edited by tuxd3v; 15 April 2022, 09:50 PM. Reason: complement..

Comment

I don't read it, so I don't say this with much authority, but isn't Daily Mail a tabloid? If so, you probably shouldn't be using it as a representative sample of "western" journalism.
                  Nit-picking some details doesn't invalidate the broader story.

You know this comment cuts both ways, right?
                  What I still don't understand is how you accept Russia's own narrative of its war as the ground truth. Even during the 2003 Iraq war, plenty of critical information was published in the Western (and even US-based) media. If you're not seeing anything unflattering in Russian news, then how can you really believe they're telling you the truth?

I find it sad that the only way it seems you can make sense of the world is in terms of competing hegemonies. Google really doesn't care about the US, nor does the US really care about Google.
                  Moreover, the US didn't have some anti-Russia agenda, before it started invading its neighbors. If Russia had followed in the path of a country like Germany, it could enjoy both commercial success and be a fully respected member of the international community. Putin needs to get past this archaic 19th century thinking that the path to power, wealth, and respect is one that can be forged militarily. More likely, Russia needs to somehow get past Putin.

You've jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. I don't know why you'd want to trust the Chinese, given their rampant censorship and social credit system. Xi Jinping basically is Big Brother.
                  There's literally no difference in narrative, being tabloid or not, CNN, NBC, BBC, FOX, they are all "tabloids" in that sense, mass misinformation media with clear and direct agenda, there's no need to "nit-pick" anything, "shopping mall attack" is another prime example where BBC/CNN cut the most relevant part of the video and presented to fit it's own agenda.

Well, I have good reasons to accept their "narrative", because I have information on what happened in the Ukraine, because I have long term memory in relatively working condition (unlike many who think this started on february 24th), so really, it's not about who do I trust the most, it's about logic, data, and arranging those sets in "big picture" form. From that, it doesn't really matter what Russian media says, what matters is, they are in the right, and that's where story ends. I ofc. provided evidence in earlier posts from "Russian propaganda media", that's why they got blocked to begin with from the "west", you can't argue with evidence.

That is the state of the world. US does have anti-Russia agenda AT THE VERY LEAST since the end of WW2, and not only US, but it's EU puppets as well, your statement is factually incorrect and is shown so many times in last 30 years that's not even worth talking about it.
                  Germany lol, what prosperity? Germany is NOT an independent country, it doesn't have anything sovereign, it produces low-tech commodities for EU/world (such as cars and other products etc.), scientifically, militarily, it's under US occupation and have nothing on it's own, you can argue if they deserved it after WW2 or not, but that's another topic, we are discussing here their prosperity..., the reality of the matter is, Germany (as all of the EU) relies on fake economy same as US, and it's in debt that they can never re-pay either, and that economy assumes "2nd/3rd class citizens of the world". Unlike you, I will not accept such state in the world, neither will Russia nor anyone who is ethically on the right side, even at the cost of death, let alone inconvenience "EU public" is not ready for, let alone death. Putin is completely irrelevant here, any independent Russian president would do the same in the given situation.

There are few reasons why I should trust China over the US/EU, and here's my reasoning.
                  1. China doesn't use hypocritical narratives and lies about it's own intentions under "democracy" (or whatever idiotic term used) umbrella.
                  2. Since Ming dinasty (or before), Chinese culture abandoned old primitive tactics Europeans (latter European Americans) use to destroy half of the planet.
                  3. They do not use blackmails to gain their "power" over small countries as US/EU do.
                  4. Their actions speak louder than words.
                  As for their "social credit systems" and similar nonsense from CIA written Wikipedia, I DO NOT CARE, and I WILL START TO CARE ONLY WHEN I BECOME A FULL CITIZEN OF CHINA, until then, it's none of my business, it's their country, their people will decide how they want to live, same as US people will decide how they want to live in the US, I simply DO NOT care, not should I care (nor should you for that matter).
                  And as long as Chinese do not go around bombing for their own agenda anyone who disagrees (or not) with their view, they are far more trustworthy than US or any of the ex-colonizers and so on.
                  It's that simple really. Anyway, as I said, petro-dollar is pretty much finished, and I am giving China (and Russia, India, Brazil etc.) the opportunity to create a better world that is fair for all people in it, same opportunity US had after WW2 that is gone to waste and created hell on earth.

Comment

Who told you that there are 4.7Million REAL refugees??and since when??
                    The truth is that majority of that people is fleeing Ukraine because they want to live in EU, the War is the excuse they were waiting for, Western Ukraine almost didn't saw war!
                    And the War that some Saw, its not like the US Wars, it was conducted with precise munitions only on targets, not on civilians.
                    This, nailed it. Your whole post is absolute truth, but this section I found interesting, as an open/direct person, I truly can't stand such people (the so called "refugees" who never saw a war at all), and I'm unapologetic about it. They wave Ukrainian/(insert X here) flag, radicalize others, but they don't care for Ukraine/X, all they care is themselves. And to be clear, I have no issues with people who care for themselves only, it's fine, but don't pretend and lie about it, that I find unforgivable.

Comment

So if you say that Donbass can't be legal?, then you have to admit also that Kosovo by NATO is not a legal country and so it is part of Serbia!
                      This is also true, if you follow any principles or "rules based order". But rules do not apply to self-proclaimed "1st class citizens of the world", and that's not as far from Nazism either. Still, there's big difference between Kosovo region and Donbas/Lugansk, the difference is, separatism in Kosovo always existed, but, most of the Albanians didn't have any issue in living with Serbs, until they (small portion of them) got radicalized and armed by, well..., guess who...
                      What happened then? The "KLA" started terrorist attacks, the little known fact of the matter in "international community" is that "KLA" killed more ethnic Albanians than Serbians, yup! Why? Because they disagreed with them (not even necessarily on separatism).
                      But, the most important difference is, the history, how did Albanians became a majority in Kosovo province, and yes, guess..., Nazism is also involved..., as well as insane ideas of Yugoslavian leaders (Tito etc.). The reality of the matter is, no one ever did forbid to Albanians to speak their language, to cherish their culture, they had schools and universities, TVs, Radios etc. on their own language, parlament representatives = no problem, they were even offered wider autonomy, the only issue is, no separate state, that's all (they would de-facto have independent state by what was offered to them), there were no prosecutions against them like in Ukraine against Russians, to the contrary.
                      Last edited by leipero; 16 April 2022, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X