Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenBLAS Deciding Whether To Drop Support For Russia's Elbrus CPUs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
    That could easily be something major to do with GLIBC or GCC over the myriad of eyebrow raising statements Richard Stallman has made since the late 1970s. That would end up hurting open source in a massive way that I don't think any sane person would consider worth it over sending a statement by inconveniencing some Russian developers.
    L_O_L. No, this has nothing to do with your Cancel Culture wet dream, but I'm sure that's exactly in line with how Russian propagandists want to cast this: as mere "russophobia" cancel culture.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by leipero View Post

      Fake news... (proper term: LIES).
      Forgetting the logistical impossibility of them doing this in a city that at the time was under Russian occupation, why the flying fuk would Ukranians blow up their own reactor? Thats the equivalent of sending a massive nuke in the center of Europe. Even cutting off electricity (when they need it most) in the middle of the war is also ridiculously stupid.

      Do you even listen to what you say? That is up there with people that believe the earth is flat.

      Comment


      • Can some of Phoronix members from Portugal go a bit more in details about "TV / STREAMING - Grupo Globo" in relation to "[Rede Globo] [É de Casa]". I've gave myself a right to reupload RT and other blocked media in the EU, they proclaimed rights on the video they have no relation with. Anyway, I disputed it, but I would prefer to know a bit more details on that shady company.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

          Forgetting the logistical impossibility of them doing this in a city that at the time was under Russian occupation, why the flying fuk would Ukranians blow up their own reactor? Thats the equivalent of sending a massive nuke in the center of Europe. Even cutting off electricity (when they need it most) in the middle of the war is also ridiculously stupid.

          Do you even listen to what you say? That is up there with people that believe the earth is flat.
          1. No one attempted to blow up reactors...
          2. Nuclear facility is secured by Russian troops and taken over peacefuly on 28th of february with no incidents.
          3. Ukranian Nazis infiltrated and attacked people who were securing the area and used training building for that.
          4. Russians neutralized them causing minor fire in teh training building.

          If you don't want to stop reading propaganda, stop spreading it, as I told you before, I have no interest to argue with people who don't know what they are talking about, I however had to correct misinformation such people are spreading here, it's my moral or ethical duty to do so.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by leipero View Post

            1. No one attempted to blow up reactors...
            2. Nuclear facility is secured by Russian troops and taken over peacefuly on 28th of february with no incidents.
            3. Ukranian Nazis infiltrated and attacked people who were securing the area and used training building for that.
            4. Russians neutralized them causing minor fire in teh training building.

            If you don't want to stop reading propaganda, stop spreading it, as I told you before, I have no interest to argue with people who don't know what they are talking about, I however had to correct misinformation such people are spreading here, it's my moral or ethical duty to do so.
            For starters, there are no Ukranian "Nazi's holding the plant, this is Putin's bullshit propaganda to justify the war. Yes there are some right wing people in Ukriane, just like every other country (including Russia) has.

            Secondly, since you are living in Russia you obviously are not getting live streams of whats going on Ukraine, but lets just say that the Russian TV is self censoring the war

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

              For starters, there are no Ukranian "Nazi's holding the plant, this is Putin's bullshit propaganda to justify the war. Yes there are some right wing people in Ukriane, just like every other country (including Russia) has.

              Secondly, since you are living in Russia you obviously are not getting live streams of whats going on Ukraine, but lets just say that the Russian TV is self censoring the war
              First, no one said that Ukranian Nazis are holding any plant.
              Second, I am not living in Russia nor am I Russian by citizenship and ethnicity.
              Thrid, Russia have free media, BBC, DW etc. got blocked as an reaction to the EU blocking RT, Sputnik etc....

              I'm kinda curious where are you from, you seem quite invested in this topic, and I think your location and ethnicity might explain your investment here.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by leipero View Post
                Thrid, Russia have free media, BBC, DW etc. got blocked as an reaction to the EU blocking RT, Sputnik etc....
                Russian media is not free, you have a national censorhip agency that is forcing journalists to not say things and various Russian (not West) news sources have actually shut down/closed out of principle, because they don't want to lie to the Russian public.

                This is a complete lie and you know it, your better than this.

                Originally posted by leipero View Post
                I'm kinda curious where are you from, you seem quite invested in this topic, and I think your location and ethnicity might explain your investment here.
                Does it matter? I have no investment on the topic because its irrelevant, unless the regime is quickly topped/Putin retreats Russia will turn into the European version of North Korea/Iran.

                Russia just got disconnected from Visa/Mastercard. This is going to go well for them

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

                  Russian media is not free, you have a national censorhip agency that is forcing journalists to not say things and various Russian (not West) news sources have actually shut down/closed out of principle, because they don't want to lie to the Russian public.

                  This is a complete lie and you know it, your better than this.

                  Does it matter? I have no investment on the topic because its irrelevant, unless the regime is quickly topped/Putin retreats Russia will turn into the European version of North Korea/Iran.

                  Russia just got disconnected from Visa/Mastercard. This is going to go well for them
                  Keep your propaganda for yourself.

                  It does matter, it actually matters quite a lot, not going to comment your nonsense. Visa/Mastercard are free to do whatever they are ordered to, it makes 0 impact on Russians anyway.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by leipero View Post

                    Keep your propaganda for yourself.


                    Those are facts, these news outlets have shutdown in Russia, sorry that you can't handle it. If you don't believe me I am sure you can ask your friends in Russia

                    Originally posted by leipero View Post
                    it makes 0 impact on Russians anyway.
                    /facepalm You do know there are bank runs happening in Russia right now?

                    And the whole anti-nazism thing is hilarious (in the same way that Hitler thinking Aryans are a superior race is hilarious)

                    Honorary mention, when the Germans who know more about Nazi's than anyone else say thats not whats going on in Ukraine you know you are dealing with bullshit https://www.huffpost.com/entry/germa...b0bd1df76c9972
                    Last edited by mdedetrich; 05 March 2022, 08:56 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
                      And the whole anti-nazism thing is hilarious (in the same way that Hitler thinking Aryans are a superior race is hilarious)
                      Even more hilarious is that the Wagner Group fighting for Russia consists of neo-nazis. So Putin sent in his nazi boys to fight more nazis - all makes sense, right?

                      The good news is the Ukrainians killed them before they got to Zelensky.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X