OpenBLAS 0.3.20 Adds Support For Russia's Elbrus E2000, Arm Neoverse N2/V1 CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    Elbrus is PR project outside military/government use anyway.
    Wrong; I'm sitting at a private company typing this at Elbrus workstation, and yet another private customer has asked regarding the OS this week.

It just works, lad.

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    They cannot manufacture much of the rest of the circuitry/components needed for functional modern computer. RAM's, hard drives - even on world scale there are limited amount of manufacturers.
    Can you?

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    Same with rest of the industry, everything will grind to halt soon due lack of Western components.
    That's mutual; but you'll have to suffer much worse, and you're not used to that. Do yourself a favour and learn where USA gets "its" energy, for the starters.

The only party to blame is still the FALSE one; also known as "deep state". They hate you (and Ukrainians) about the same as they hate us Russians (or "improper" Jews, while at that) -- the only notable difference might be that you're defeated already, and we are not. Look up Aaron Russo's interview where he mentions Nick Rockefeller's "why do you care for these people?", maybe you'll get that attitude.

PS: congratulations on having figured me out Constructive trolling is one of my hobbies for decades -- learned from other Russian hackers for the most part; its goal often being "hack the self-proclaimed opponent into having to accept the real reality, not the custom-built one". From Russia with love

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
      Elbrus is PR project outside military/government use anyway. They cannot manufacture much of the rest of the circuitry/components needed for functional modern computer. RAM's, hard drives - even on world scale there are limited amount of manufacturers.

Same with rest of the industry, everything will grind to halt soon due lack of Western components. AVTOVAZ factory already stopped production for 4 days, citing lack of supply.

Supply issues are going to propagate across the country, effectively putting entire country 40-50y back in time because everything will have to be made by themselves.

​​​​
      I wonder how they'll make such an amazing russian tractor in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Etherman View Post
        I wonder how they'll make such an amazing russian tractor in the future.
        https://mobile.twitter.com/kamilkaza...60272442896388
        It's rebranded Czech tractor Zetor Forterra 135. Russians "make them" by importing full kits and assembling them. Same shit with many other vehicles. I've seen rebranded Kamaz which was Russian-assembled Mercedes-Benz Actros down to round placeholder in front grill for MB logo. Kamaz logo was slapped on top of it.
        They don't have real technological base for producing anything modern without using Western components. USSR was more "independent" in that regard, it could reproduce poor clones at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by mSparks View Post
          Anyone with even half an ounce of critical thinking knows everything the western media is blasting out is pure lies and has been since at least the point of saying Osama bin ladin blew up NY (he didnt)
          Don't fall for the conspiracy theories. They might sound convincing, but when you lift the covers, there's nothing underneath.

Contrary to what you might think, western media isn't like what you have in Russia. The government can't force our media to say anything. They can censor, but in a very limitied set of ways and circumstances.

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
          from Afghanistan(he was in Pakistan),
          I think you're confused because he was found in Pakistan. But that's only because he fled there, when the US first went into Afghanistan. They knew he was slipping away through the Tora Bora cave complex, but didn't have the resources to stop him, because the CIA went in with too few people and resources ahead of the full US military.

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
          probably even before that, but no one could answer back to radio and TV hyperbole.
          We had internet, back then. Not social media, but there were still conspiracy theories.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshigorin View Post
            That's mutual; but you'll have to suffer much worse, and you're not used to that. Do yourself a favour and learn where USA gets "its" energy, for the starters.
            The USA is currently the world's biggest energy producer. We export more than we import, so it shouldn't be hard to make up for the few % we were importing from Russia.

Originally posted by mshigorin View Post
            The only party to blame is still the FALSE one; also known as "deep state". They hate you (and Ukrainians) about the same as they hate us Russians (or "improper" Jews, while at that)
            The Deep State is the favorite boogeyman of conspiracy theories. It's a sort of like a Deus Ex Machina. You can basically drop it into any sort of wacky theory as a glue to make the pieces fit.

The reality of the "deep state" is much more mundane. You have people working in government with various agendas, but it's not like they're coordinated or obey some dark master. It's also not as if there aren't any sort of professional standards or oversight.

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
              There's nothing underneath.
              You mean like:

"Russia has gone to war with the ukraine"

"As evidenced by a 40 mile Russian military convoy parked up and doing nothing for 3 weeks, 4 year old videos and some bad CGI"

Or

Were you referring to conspiracy theories that have evidence, like Jeffery Epstein, Assange, Snowden, PNAC, the 2001 UN Afghan poppy survey and the Chinese hacking into the 300 US biowarfare labs all over the world and releasing their documents.
              Last edited by mSparks; 13 March 2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Were you referring to conspiracy theories that have evidence, like Jeffery Epstein, Assange, Snowden, PNAC, the 2001 UN Afghan poppy survey and the Chinese hacking into the 300 US biowarfare labs all over the world and releasing their documents.
                What I meant was that the evidence collapses, upon scrutiny.

Successful conspiracy theories indeed tend have the appearance of supporting evidence. Actual facts are often used to lend a sense of legitimacy to the key claims. They depend on the populace lacking the time, energy, and resources to find the fatal flaws. So, the average person just says, "okay, here are some things I know to be true, therefore the rest is probably true, as well". Or, when they google some of the other claims, they find some results that seem in line with them, and you really have to take the time to look at the evidence to see where it utterly fails to support the claims. Or, they end up validating bad claims against bad sources - we saw a lot of this, during the pandemic: some random foreign publication that's in no way an authority on the subject matter, meanwhile an utter lack of supporting evidence from any publication better-positioned to hold forth on such matters.

Also relevant is a common mistake people make, and something that lawyers often exploit in a court of law: to think you can make up in quantity what evidence lacks in quality. Even to the point that juries will sometimes overlook a fatal flaw underpinning the entire case, if you can shovel enough evidence at them that they either don't see it or they somehow misjudge the other evidence to compensate for it.

There's been lots written about conspiracy theories and the characteristics and circumstance under which people fall for them. A lot of times, it comes down to an underlying grievance or motivating factor someone has for wanting to believe them. Rather than rehashing all of that here, I just hope everyone is aware of these tactics.

Comment

What I meant was that the evidence collapses, upon scrutiny.
                  Oh, so you were talking about documents like this
                  https://www.unodc.org/pdf/publicatio...01-10-16_1.pdf

Destroying the conspiracy theory that the Taliban were pro opium (as a group) or OBL is why Americans and Brits had to die in the (then empty) Afghan poppy fields.

And settlements like this
                  https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...ffre-nt2bt3dqn

Making pizzagate look like an amateur attempt to distract from the real evidence that lot really are all pedos.

If that was Russia, Andrew and Epstein would have just been taken into a field and shot in the back of the head decades ago (which is why they hate Putin and all his strong straight white male propaganda)

US and UK label them VIPs and make you pay for their security.
                  Originally posted by coder View Post
                  There's been lots written about conspiracy theories and the characteristics and circumstance under which people fall for them.
                  IMHO its really easy, people who want to inform people whats really going on, like say Assange and Snowden, get treated like Assange and Snowden, and most everyone else is left guessing, or keeping their head down trying not to draw attention to themselves.

I've seen enough evidence that significant effort went into preventing me from seeing to make a firm decision who I think the baddies are. Elbrus is not just any random alternative, its an ethical one - if there is such a thing.

Comment

Don't fall for the conspiracy theories. They might sound convincing, but when you lift the covers, there's nothing underneath.
                    Would you stand for that in a court?

Contrary to what you might think, western media isn't like what you have in Russia.
                    The government can't force our media to say anything. They can censor, but in a very limitied set of ways and circumstances.
                    The twist is that Russian media isn't what the Western media tells you what Russian media is; read up on #hutzpa, you might understand "Western" media a bit better.

You're not ruled by "your government". Or to put it slighly other way around, those who rule you, you do not elect.

As a friend of mine who returned from Israel put it, "in Israel, the country is ruled by a few dozen families and everyone and his dog knows that; in USA, the situation is the same except that most think there's democracy".

The USA is currently the world's biggest energy
                    ...consumer; so look at the balance.

We export more than we import, so it shouldn't be hard to make up for the few % we were importing from Russia.
                    Except that it's not that easy to crank up more diesel fuel from light oil, and the heavy oil that yields more diesel is produced in Venezuela, Russia, Iran... oops.

The Deep State is the favorite boogeyman of conspiracy theories.
                    Those Americans that are blind (or cowardly?) enough to try and evade thinking long and hard of what goes on with the country they consider theirs are much advised to learn of Trotzkists and their plans towards Russia's role a century ago; my short version is: now it's USA who's destined by the same to serve as a fuel for world revolution".

The reality of the "deep state" is much more mundane. You have people working in government with various agendas, but it's not like they're coordinated or obey some dark master.
                    A liberal friend of mine who has read "The protocols of the learned elders of Zion" which got leaked more than a century ago (I asked him to _analyze_ it despite the many claims of "being fake") told me thoughtfully upon getting through the text: "I still don't know who wrote this but someone sure executes this".

A world class demonstration of that "lack of coordination" is the media activity: you do not have opinions anymore, just the channels pushing the only "true" one -- just what we had in USSR with "the Party".

Or "the democracy step" on Biden elections: was it a mass coincidence?

I don't need to force you into thinking, but I wonder how people seemingly considering themselves intelligent are so blind...

PS edit: dropped an extra [/QUOTE].
                    PPS: another interesting twist regarding energy balance is the end of "megatons to megawatts"; and shale oil needs a lot of energy put _into_ it, EROEI is pretty grim there.
                    Last edited by mshigorin; 14 March 2022, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Elbrus is not just any random alternative, its an ethical one - if there is such a thing.
                      I still prefer it as a technically sound one.

The ethical alternative to me is Orthodoxy; look up Seraphim Rose's books, for example.

PS: it's actually hard to get shot in Russia legally -- unless one is armed and has made it very sure that others will get dead if he isn't; the calls to get back the mortal penalty are heard now though, especially regarding pedophiles (practice shows that those don't get cured by years in prison and rathed get back to their ugly deeds when free again).

Comment

Working...
                      X