No announcement yet.

OpenBLAS 0.3.20 Adds Support For Russia's Elbrus E2000, Arm Neoverse N2/V1 CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, can you please focus on the subject of the article?
    Nobody here is talking about Ukraine, Iemen,syria,iraq,afganistan. etc
    This article is not about that, but instead about technology.

if you have something to say about technology go ahead otherwise, it doesn't make sense to post junk, just to create noise.
    The problems in this world are already to great, and we can't control them, so focus on the subject, please..

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
      The first 1/3rd of this liveblog covers Esperanto. I don't know anything else about it, but maybe you can find info on the web. I'd assume the main programming model is via deep learning frameworks, like PyTorch and TensorFlow.
      Thanks..
      It seems something close to what maltsystems is doing, but they are in the early stages yet.
      However they support OpenCL, and its native implementation for compute maltcc( some sort of CUDA for malt processors ), but they have a more segmented line of products.
      I believe kalray in europe also has something for ML..

Comment

• Originally posted by mshigorin
        In my reality, I write this off an Elbrus workstation.
        What is your point? You telling me E2000 is good enough to handle a browser? I'm sure it is, I've heard several years ago they had some outdated firefox port, I bet now browser support haven't became worse. Or you're telling me that because I'm writing this using x86 PC, I'm an expert in OoO architectures and can predict its future or its limitation?

Comment

• Originally posted by mshigorin
          Appears we've got Russian troll here.. Join date, February

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
            (post deleted)

Apparently, someone is taking out the trash. Thanks for that!

Comment

• Elbrus is PR project outside military/government use anyway. They cannot manufacture much of the rest of the circuitry/components needed for functional modern computer. RAM's, hard drives - even on world scale there are limited amount of manufacturers.

Same with rest of the industry, everything will grind to halt soon due lack of Western components. AVTOVAZ factory already stopped production for 4 days, citing lack of supply.

Supply issues are going to propagate across the country, effectively putting entire country 40-50y back in time because everything will have to be made by themselves.

Or become satrap/vassal for China while buying grossly overpriced stuff from them.

​​​​

Comment

Or become satrap/vassal for China while buying grossly overpriced stuff from them.​
                This. And China won't mind too much, because Russia creates a useful distraction for the West. Hey, it worked well enough for the DPRK.

Plus, it gives them lots of cheap oil & gas and tons of leverage over Russia.

Comment

I am Russian troll. He is just a guy who works on obviously hopeless project and trying to convince himself he is not just wasting his time and taxpayer's money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khrundel View Post
                    I am Russian troll.
                    So you say, but I respect you and appreciate your thoughtful contributions to this discussion. By my definition, that's no troll.

If people are willing to have a good-faith discussion, I don't care where they're from or even if we disagree.
                    Last edited by coder; 04 March 2022, 02:25 AM.

Comment

With Russian propaganda you always need to apply inversion algorithm - they always tend attribute their own sins to the opposition.

Some of the following clips need you to understand spoken Russian. First one especially digs into widespread neo-nazism in DNR/LNR thugrepublics.

Кто такие нацболы? Кто-то считает их идеологию правой, кто-то левой, а кто-то отрицает ее существование. Чтобы помочь вам в этом разобраться, мы подготовили ...

WARNING: Contains a scene of violence, after which a man was killed.http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/video/ Sky's Amanda Walker gains rare access to a group...

Russia's Racists (2004): A disturbing insight into how the Chechen conflict has shaped Russian public opinion and resulted in an explosion of neo-Nazism in R...

Левый марш в Москве 1 мая 2017! Первомайская демонстрация! Мир! Труд! Май!) Альтернативное КПРФ шествие коммунистов России. Российская коммунистическая рабо...

https://youtu.be/OA1SiopYZic?t=87
                      Exactly? These are the guys now in charge of the Ukraine l, funded by western governments, and articles like

Are encouraging to usurp power in Russia the same way they did in the Ukraine.

And you think that is a good thing? So important you should jump in a thread about home grown chips and encourage us to get behind them?

No, absolutely NOTHING you say will make me think handing out AK47s in the street and avoiding Russian chips because "evil russians" are good ideas. Anyone with even half an ounce of critical thinking knows everything the western media is blasting out is pure lies and has been since at least the point of saying Osama bin ladin blew up NY (he didnt) from Afghanistan(he was in Pakistan), probably even before that, but no one could answer back to radio and TV hyperbole.

Comment

Working...
                      X