Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

What they are fighting over?

Russia in the person of Putin is trying to revive old corpse of the Soviet Union crossed with Czarist Russian Empire, called "Union State", which just have have all major Slavic nations in it. Need to get old provinces back somehow.. war and conquest works. Belarus was recently blackmailed into it.
    Baltic states, Finland and Poland are tougher nuts, because they either are under umbrella of the NATO and/or have sizable army of their own (Finland), people willing to fight and terrain pretty bad for Russian basic doctrine.
    AKA Russia conquering nations by selling them defensive weapons....
    Also, a leader wanting his population to unite and prosper, what a terrible terrible man right?

Ukraine in NATO and EU would eventually threaten political legitimacy of Putin's rule in Russia itself.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with NATO, and everything to do with the corrupt, unelected and government of the Ukraine shelling its own supposed citizens; you support that? Really? Think the west should send them more tanks and long range weapons to promote peace? Good grief...
    You can watch the Russian government deciding why they recognised the republics here:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

To top the cake, Russia would very much hate to have another NATO country next to it's borders.
    I asked you to rationally explain what they are fighting over, not tell me there is more than one side, that's bleeding obvious.

Putin thus has strong motivation to go into war against Ukraine..
    So your conclusion is "Russians want war because they might want war".
    That's probably the best circular argument I have ever heard.
    Absolute BS.
    But still a great circular argument
    Last edited by mSparks; 23 February 2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
      I wouldn't claim to know much detail, but isn't the new M1 actually using a similar tech to get its absolutely insane performance?
      Don't know about M1, for what I read( almost nothing about it.. ), it seems to be OoO design, with special memory attached to it, and I think its a 8 issue design, I can be mistaken on that..

Still about VLIW, I think the idea of passing the parallelism to the compiler is a good idea and frees the CPU from a lot of logic that needs to be there for OoO, and saves energy.
      However, in some cases like branchs I believe it would be nice to have OoO, a simpler version of it only for that situation in the CPU, and I believe elbrus 16S brings something related to that.
      Last edited by tuxd3v; 23 February 2022, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
        Don't know about M1, for what I dead( almost nothing about it.. ), it seems to be OoO design, with special memory attached to it, and I think its a 8 issue design, I can be mistaken on that..

Still about VLIW, I think the idea of passing the parallelism to the compiler is a good idea and frees the CPU from a lot of logic that needs to be there for OoO, and saves energy.
        However, in some cases like branchs I believe it would be nice to have OoO, a simpler version of it only for that situation in the CPU, and I believe elbrus 16S brings something related to that.
        I'm going off
        Create a Linode account & receive a $100 credit: https://linode.com/garyexplains | Apple has announced its new processor, the M1, which uses the Arm Instruct...

What he is describing there sounds very much like VLIW

Comment

What they are fighting over?
          No one is fighting now..

The thing is, the Minsk agreement, which everybody thinks would be the best for everybody, after 8 years is still to implement.
          Ukraine doesn't wanted to implement the Minsk agreement, and even changed the Law to make it impossible to implement the Minsk agreement..

In that circumstances what can Russia do?or anybody else?
          The unique solution is stating the obvious...that the Minsk Agreement is dead, and in that situation what is left?
          The only option is the recognition of Donbass as independents states!
          And that was done recently by Russia..

There are already enough dead people, dozens of thousands, the conflict in the middle of Europe needs to stop!
          If it doesn't stop now, CSTO will send a peacekeeping mission to the border of that region..

look, I am very sad that the Minsk agreement didn't work out, because it was the best thing for the people, and also for Russia, but if Ukraine doesn't want to implement it, there need to be a solution for that, and the only solution is recognizing Donbass as independent states..

Russia even tried to scare Kiev, amassing a lot of Russian solders in the border, thinking that would force Kiev to implement the Minsk agreement, no way, it didn't worked out...the world needs to move on.

NATO invaded Yugoslavia and split it in parts some years ago without even the consent off any part,
          Russia al least tried to solve the problem with diplomacy and till now it has been solved diplomaticly.

Now we need to wait and see, when CSTO peacekeepers go there, if Ukraine will start shooting them or not..

By the International Law, today, any amount of people that has, its culture, language, rights, etc Threatened has the right of auto-determination..

The problem in Ukraine is that Soviet Union make a big mistake,
          Thinking that joining several amounts of different people and creating a country out of Russian Land would work, but Ukraine proves that is not the case...

You can't join in the same country Russians and neoNazis, because they are like water and oil, they don't mix together..
          Also the people from Kiev, even those not so radical, feel themselves more close the central Europe than to Russia, while the Russians feel themselves associated to Russia, they have family in Russia, etc..its a very complex thing..

In my Opinion one solution would be split the country in half, then the Kiev,Lviv people can be attached to central Europe, and the Russians in the east can be attached to Russia, case solved...
          But for that, political will is necessary, just simple words don't work!
          Last edited by tuxd3v; 23 February 2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
            The US Afghanistan war is just second-hand, the Russians started and lost it.
            The Americans also lost it..
            By the way, everybody lost it..

Comment

I'm going off
              Create a Linode account & receive a $100 credit: https://linode.com/garyexplains | Apple has announced its new processor, the M1, which uses the Arm Instruct...

Actually the way it puts it in the video, if seems indeed to be some sort of VLIW

Comment

I'm going off

Nope, it's an OoO core running a RISC (aarch64) ISA. Thanks to the leading edge 5nm process, it has a huge transistor budget, which they have spent on 8 wide superscalar (which is very wide), deep ROB's, very clever branch predictors and whatnot, leading to very impressive performance. But make no mistake, it's largely a traditional OoO processor.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                  Encoding instruction dependencies in the ISA is the idea behind 'dataflow' architectures, which was a hot research topic a couple of decades ago. I think one reason they never really caught on is that encoding the dependencies bloats the code to the point that what you win in avoiding OoO (or only doing OoO per basic block instead of for every single instruction) you lose in spending that same power on bigger instruction caches and on instruction bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by jabl View Post

Nope, it's an OoO core running a RISC (aarch64) ISA. Thanks to the leading edge 5nm process, it has a huge transistor budget, which they have spent on 8 wide superscalar (which is very wide), deep ROB's, very clever branch predictors and whatnot, leading to very impressive performance. But make no mistake, it's largely a traditional OoO processor.
                    Elbrus is also a RISC processor, next version is 8nm, so you are going to need to give more detail for me to understand what difference you think you are referring to.

Comment

Elbrus is also a RISC processor, next version is 8nm, so you are going to need to give more detail for me to understand what difference you think you are referring to.
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPARC
                      I'm referring to your statements about M1 being somehow VLIW-like.

Comment

Working...
                      X