No announcement yet.

OpenBLAS 0.3.20 Adds Support For Russia's Elbrus E2000, Arm Neoverse N2/V1 CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenBLAS 0.3.20 Adds Support For Russia's Elbrus E2000, Arm Neoverse N2/V1 CPUs

Phoronix: OpenBLAS 0.3.20 Adds Support For Russia's Elbrus E2000, Arm Neoverse N2/V1 CPUs

OpenBLAS as the popular open-source implementation of the BLAS and LAPACK APIs is out with a new feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So is this Elbrus the arch the Russians will be focusing on after getting kicked out of SWIFT and all the other related sanctions (for killing innocent people in Ukraine in case somebody doesn't know)?

Comment

Neoverse N2 support is the interesting bit to me. Does that mean OpenBLAS now supports ARM SVE2?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
        So is this Elbrus the arch the Russians will be focusing on after getting kicked out of SWIFT and all the other related sanctions (for killing innocent people in Ukraine in case somebody doesn't know)?
        Somebody should stop spreading FUD. But yeah Russia have been developing and integrating this arch into goverment systems for the last ten or so years.

Comment

It'd be nice to see some Elbrus performance numbers...

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
            You forgot that USA and its allies killed thousands innocent people in Japan, Vietnam, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine (still).

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post

You forgot that USA and its allies killed thousands innocent people in Japan, Vietnam, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine (still).
              What does that have to do with russia's impending invasion of ukraine and slaughter of innocent people? Are you trying to imply that its somehow ok because "other countries have done bad things too!" Sounds like toddler reasoning to me

Comment

Originally posted by brucethemoose View Post
                Neoverse N2 support is the interesting bit to me. Does that mean OpenBLAS now supports ARM SVE2?
                Yes:
                general: some code cleanup, with added casts etc. fixed obtaining the cpu count with OpenMP and OMP_PROC_BIND unset fixed pivot index calculation by ?LASWP for negative increments other than one f...

added SVE-enabled CGEMM and ZGEMM kernels for ARMV8SVE and A64FX

Comment

Originally posted by partcyborg View Post

What does that have to do with russia's impending invasion of ukraine and slaughter of innocent people?
                  That's your western opinion (or what your media put in your head). For someone else they are defending their own country.

I see people here try to criticize Russia and China whenever they are mentioned. It is like western countries are the innocent peaceful countries that do not hurt any other people.
                  Why no one talk about "The Zionist entity" whenever It is mentioned. Aren't they invading Palestine and slaughtering innocent people.
                  Why no one talk about France whenever It is mentioned. Aren't they controlling African countries by military forces to benefit freely from their natural resources.
                  Please, stop being hypocrites.

I don't like to bring politics into Tech forums and I hate when someone does. That's why I responded to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post

The US Afghanistan war is just second-hand, the Russians started and lost it.

Comment

Working...
                    X